Is it possible to change the source spreadsheet of an app?

Hi everybody,
Is it possible to change the source file of an app ?

1 Like

No, Glide doesn’t support that at the moment. Why do you want to do that?

1 Like

I have 2 apps on the same sheet. I want to make a copy of the 2 apps with a new sheet. If i duplicate the 2 apps with a new sheet, i’ll have 2 apps and 2 sheets, i want to change the source of one of them.

I see. Thank you for the explanation. We’ll think about the problem.

I started with 4 sheets, 4 tabs. However right after moving the tabs around for some reason 2 tabs are pointing at one sheet. So I’d like to change the source back to the right sheet.

Would you mind sharing your app, please?

Also, can you reproduce this problem starting from a new app? If so, could you please make a video showing how? Other users are experience the same problem and we’re having trouble reproducing it.

Thank you!

Oooh hi Mark just replied to your mail. I’ll copy paste the same here:

Here it is,… https://bxbbu.glideapp.io I did fix it already though. I deleted the one tab from the sheet that wasn’t showing, and recreated it. So it showed up again. It wasn’t a heavy populated sheet so I didn’t have to redo that much work.

It happened right after moving the navigation item, one part moved but it took the reference of sheet of the position it was moved too,… I wasn’t able to reproduce and I do know my connection was a bit glitchy. My best guess is that 1 change was sent, and a followup call wasn’t received.

Mark - here’s a real-world use for that request: I have an app that has a roster of all my drivers, supervisors, admin, etc. Currently, it shows all their phone numbers. The Supervisors need the version of the app with all phone numbers. My boss just asked for a version to share with the rest of the staff that doesn’t have all the phone numbers. I duplicated the staff tab in my spreadsheet, flagged those where I don’t want numbers to show, and added the tab. Rather than rebuild several layouts that used the first tab as a source, it would be great to just have to change the source tab on an existing layout and all the other elements stayed the same.

1 Like