In-App Filter/Sort option

Hello everyone,

is the following example when adding a new tab a bug?

1. Layout “Cards” => Features “In-App Sort/Filter” are available
  2. Layout “Details” => Component “Inline List” => “Cards” => no “In-App Sort/Filter” available

I need to use the second method as I have to add a Text-area at the top.
With the first method I don’t see any option to add a text area above the Cards-images.

Greetings
nada

It’s not a bug, when you use a details view you can’t use the in-app sort/filter as there might be multiple components (let’s say multiple inline lists with information coming from different sheets) and using a sort/filter will be confusing.

1 Like

Yes, I would understand it if there are more than one lists added to the tab.
But when there are only one list element and the rest is a text area, I would like to still have the sort/filter option. Or I can “link” this option directly to an element.

Perhaps the team can help.

Providing we don’t have a native way now, a workaround would be using a choice component that points to a user-specific column and let the users filter the inline list by that.

Not ideal, as they can’t choose multiple options, but at least that would work.

1 Like

Not ideal, as they can’t choose multiple options, but at least that would work.

Yeah, for “filter”, but not for “sort”.
Thanks for this idea. I will see what is possible with it, as I didn’t use the element yet.

You could use the same method with sort as well, but hiding or showing different inline lists based on which sort option was chosen from a choice component.

2 Likes