As I have created my Walking Tour Glide app I have been less than careful about where I store my images. I have read the various posts in this forum recommending that all images be stored on the Glide provided image storage, and can see that this is important in cleaning up my app:
- Does glide download the image URL or just display it?
- How can I cause my images to update whenever they change?
- Link shortener for images and files hosted on Glide
OK. So, how I should correct the situation where images are stored in multiple places not part of the Glide image storage? Strikes me that unless it already exists, I need to polish up my Google App Strips talents and write an app that will traverse my Google Spreadsheet looking for any cells in any sheets of my spreadsheet and replace URLs with any images that are not already on Glide provided image storage.
I can imagine how to do most of this but the part that I don’t know how to do from Google App Scripts is the API call to cause Glide to accept a non-Glide image URL and return a Glide image URL to the copied image in the Glide image storage.
- Has anybody already done this (or want to do this ) or something like it?
- Is there an API to the Glide image storage functionality?