We have just added Zapier support to Glide! You can now trigger a Zap with data from a Glide app.
We are working to make the integration public soon, but for now you may use the invite integration here - Glide Zapier.
Free apps will have a limit of 100 Zap invocations per month.
To get started:
- Accept the invite above and click “Make a Zap!”
- For Choose App & Event, select “Glide (0.1.0)”
- For Choose trigger Event, select “Glide App Action”
- For Choose Account, Click “Sign in to Glide (0.1.0)”
- You will need to provide an API key to connect Glide to Zapier
- To find this, open the Glide app you wish to connect and navigate to Settings -> General
- Copy the API key and enter it in Zapier
- Back in Zapier, name the Zap and continue,
- Set up the rest of your Zap!
- In your Zap configuration, you will have access to 3 values (Sample Value 1, Sample Value 2, Sample Value 3) that will be provided from Glide. These will be bound to data in your Glide app and will replace the sample values you configure.
- Once you are done configuring your Zap, turn it on.
- Go back to your Glide app and add a “Button”, “Basic Text”, or “Image” component.
- Under actions you will see a Zapier action
- Select the Zap you configured and the data you would like to send to it.
Please note, the zap has to be configured and turned on in Zapier before you will be able to select it in Glide.
Thanks for the documentation. To be clear, it’s limited to button, image or basic text for now correct? Is this when an image / text is clicked?
Hope you will allow user name, time/date to be passed to Zapier and more than 3 values. Can you allow more values? Thanks.
Great! Looking forward to hearing the use cases, how are people using this?
I can’t do a zap.
The link open in my zaps, not to create one
@Lucas_Pires, After accepting the invite, click on “Make a Zap!”. You should be able to search and find Glide now.
Any plans to add this to the Buy Button as well?
@senorcodecat Could you tell us what your use case is?
Is Zapier just for pro apps? For some reason the api it’s not on my free apps but it appears on my pro app.
Correction: it’s on other free apps, just not one I just made to try with Zapier. Strange
What’s the app that you don’t see it in?
It works now. Must’ve taken some time
Just one thing about zapier. If using zapier with Google sheet, you MUST not delete any row or have any blank row in your sheet, else zapier will be lost and you’ll get unpredictable results.
Problem is that even if we can connect Glide and zapier, there’s no zap to get data from zapier, so if we need update coming from zapier, we must ensure now row will be deleted are left blank.
Glide team : any plan for Glide to receive data from zapier?
Can you describe your specific use case, please?
There’s a lot of use case. Among several, hereafter is one :
- in my app, I have a form for app users to subscribe to marketing campaign. The form adds a row relative to these users, with their email, firstname, last name, and so on.
- using Glide, app owners build and send marketing campaign (emails) using zapier and a marketing campaign provider.
What may happen : an app users decides to unsubscribe. He will click on the unsubscribe link in the email, and the Google sheet linked to the Glide app will receive an unsub event. I should remove the row dealing with this user, but as zapier does not support removing row or having blank rows, I can’t remove this line. I tried, and indeed, after it’s a mess and zapier is completely lost.
Another thing, it’s that to get rid of the 25k rows limitation, we do need to make some cleanup, sometimes. We can’t do cleanup in a sheet connected to zapier, we can’t save row.
It’s not a Glide problem, it’s a google sheet / zapier integration problem. But zapier and any other automation tool is so powerful for our Glide apps that I don’t know how not to use them. Some of us use zapier to synchronize with shopify products, for example.
One way to be able to protect our sheet and Glide + zapier framework would be Glide being able to receive trigger and perform actions, such as update a row, delete a row.
Not so easy. i know.
To zapier or automatisation tools users : have you ever experienced such thing? Is integromat better integrated with gsheet?
To work around this problem with zapier and Gsheet, I am now thinking that a zap could start with a row lookup., but not sure it’s possible to start a multisteo zap with a row lookup… I have to try!
Thank you, I understand the problem now. I can’t promise a solution anytime soon, but we’ll keep this issue in mind.
I was literally just reading that an about to post the link.
In fact, what I am thinking, is that if a zap could be triggered by Glide when adding a new row, it would help a lot. This way, we could use the “search row” feature of zapier without breaking the whole system in case of a deleted row. I mean, the first event for zapier would not be a “new row” fin gsheet, but would be sent by Glide. And in this case, zapier would not “remember” the row ID and the row contents in gsheet. But for this purpose, we would have to send for example a UID to zapier, as part of the 3 values currently allowed by Glide for zapier, what would let only 2 values to send to another third party application.
Not sure to be clear enough about this Saturday’s thinking…
To summarize, it would be very helpful to be able to associate a zap to a form submit in Glide, that’s it. Moreover it would be transparent for the app user.
That’s definitely something we’re planning to build.