Exporting and extracting user specific data

Our users have the ability to “favorite” available jobs. However, these favorites are stored in a user specific column.

Is there any way to export that data? We’re trying to understand which jobs are the most favorited (and other useful analytics), but can’t seem to find a way to either export to CSV or run a query over the data.

2 Likes

As of now you can’t access that information via the methods you mentioned. You have to record them back to the Sheet via a form.

Ah thanks! Have you heard anything about when this feature will be supported (re: querying)?

If you’re talking about rollups (as in calculations) over specific columns, we don’t have a timeline for that.

1 Like

Okay thanks!

1 Like

Does it mean that all User Specific information in our app, that are useful for us to conduct analytics, should be entered by the user via a form?
In some case, this implies reviewing the whole app (ex. when we want to monitor ‘to do’ lists), and downgrading the UX.
Thanks

Yeah, we don’t have rollups over user-specific columns now, so that’s the only way if we want to do anything with it.

Hi, I was thinking about an idea with regards to this topic.

Would it be possible to simulate an automatic form for users’ (USC) data?

Let’s assume Table-A hosts current (USC) columns

1. Create a Table-B which will collect these (USC) data
  2. Create an action* triggering an automatic copy-paste of the (USC) of Table-A to the “visible” columns of Table-B
    (* this could be automatically activated by a at each user logging or via a button to be clicked by the user for any reason to find app/app, ex. “say hello”)

Does it seem realistic?
Thanks

If I understand you right, that will create a huge amount of rows, though?

Yes!
But the idea is probably just for analysing → once created, it should be extracted to G-Sheet.

The objective for me would be to get back (USC) data, and be able to conduct analysis

• provide users with their data if need be …

Now, let’s to do it … another story…

If I understand it right, you would still have to digest that row count because you’re creating them from the app, unless you are writing them through an external service like Make/Zapier.