Can we get all the values of user specific columns in the data editor as an array?

Hi,
Just an Idea…
What I want is to see and perhaps have access to (maybe an array?) all the values of a specific user column in the builder data editor.
I don’t always want to write the data in order to calculate and display.
This might be tricky I understand that these values are stored locally, but does the app collects this data as well?
we have the logins sheet so I suppose we can access data stored locally somehow.
I really hope I was able to describe this correctly with my 3rd language :slight_smile:

You can get it for a single user, but not for all users at the same time.

Do you think this is something that can be done and be of any use to anyone other than me ?
I mean like an admin user in the builder that can see all the other users.

Yes, I think it would be useful. And I think it has been requested.

You could gather the data now, but it would be a bit cumbersome and would only give you a single snapshot of the data. For example, you could create a Lookup column on an entire user specific column, and then add a button that writes that lookup to a table somewhere. Then in the builder, preview as each of your users one by one and tap the button. Very tedious, and I’m not sure how useful that could be. But an option, if you desperately needed the data for some reason.

This is probably the feature request that applies here:

2 Likes

Defiantly not that desperate :slight_smile:

I’ve done this in one of my apps:

Use case - call center agents need to be trained on Covid rapid antigen tests

• there is a table of tests
  • and a usc- Boolean istrained?
  • there is a roll up in the test kit table for number of kits trained on

When the user clicks in or out of this tab (I use tabs rather than screens), I write ref value of their rup to a column in the user profiles sheet. And this can be played with in interesting ways afterwards.

Hope this gives you some ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like