Delayed Pin for Yahoo Email *Disclaimer

@david Is it possible to add a sentence that says something to the effect of certain email platforms take longer than others to receive your pin; after submitting email. I am having users that have Yahoo emails and are waiting 30 minutes for a PIN number. I have had a few people that thought they did something wrong so they keep entering in their email and then get multiple pens half an hour to 45 minutes later.

1 Like

@david I know that it’s a yahoo issue and not a Glide Apps issue

1 Like

Another PIN issue thread from today:

https://community.glideapps.com/t/pin-not-working-too-long/13648/7?u=deena

Part of it could be that Yahoo, (and some other platforms), may not recognize Glide as a whitelist email. This would cause then to classify them as spam and your users may be searching for an email that would end up in that folder as a result.

1 Like

@Deena @Carlos_DeSilva I haven’t had those issues. Updates to the app work perfectly. I have tested with my yahoo and it doesn’t go to spam but just takes forever. I know it’s yahoo issue but if we were able to at least let the customer know that some email platforms take longer it would cut down on pin request and initial frustration before the user is actually able to see how great the apps are. I’m just worried that some customers will be turned off and think that it’s not user-friendly if they’re expecting a pin number to come instantly and it does not

2 Likes

No need to mention me directly, I read the forum.

1 Like

Yes, we can look into doing this especially for slow providers like yahoo.

3 Likes

Well some of us like talking to you directly. You tend to be a straight shooter. :joy:

3 Likes

Issue with delivering PIN to gmx.de. checked spam, nothing.

I can see user’s email on my user list - but he never went past “provide pin” screen. If I need my user to retry, whats the best way to do it? Shall I delete the row with his email/identifier?

Thx

They can try to request a new pin.

Thanks Jeff, will ask him to retry then. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I think it would also help if PINs remain active for a few hours, despite new pins being generated. This could slightly increase the likelihood of security problems, but seems small compared to the frustration PINs cause.