Custom Cart, Guest Checkout, Multiple payment options, simple online store

thank you, very useful link and very true what you said.
My cousin does homemade soap from her home in Valencia so I thought maybe this can help not sure really how she will take things forward.
This app should also be part of a workshop in Arabic that helps people start and test their own businesses ideas without spending too much time & money, using automations and no code tools such as Glide.

2 Likes

Hi @rayo, if it helps you any, I just spent several hours testing a lot of those tools out and the one that I felt was easiest to work with for someone new to customer journey mapping is:

You can customize it with the recommendations from these two other resources that were also very helpful:

I’ll attach an image of the one I created for myself today.

As for your cousin, just some thoughts off the top of my head and hopefully others with more experience can chime in but I guess it depends on whether she wants to do B2C direct to customer or B2B ala wholesale to another reseller but I think there would definitely be a huge market for homemade soap if it was positioned right. From my own experience, my ex-girlfriend used to always drag me with her to this store called Lush in California which sells specialty soap as well as this other place called Bath and Body Works where she would look at soap and candles (yawn). I was always bored but was surprised to see so many other female shoppers there so if your cousin can tap into that specific category of shoppers, could be a sizable market. But not sure of the unit economics as again, I know nothing about shipping costs, typical mark-ups on wholesale and how return policies would work? I will say there’s a huge margin that can be applied for products that are deemed “organic” and environmentally friendly. Here’s one such org that promotes helping the environment and society:

https://bcorporation.net

that I am in the process of getting certification myself so could be one entry point for your sister if she wanted to enter the US market.

Lastly, if you are interested in helping set up a workshop in Arabic to help people start and test their own business ideas, have you looked at the idea of setting up incubators/accelerator programs? Here’s one org that does training for that sort of thing:

You might be able to work with your local city or state equivalent economic development organization to set up a program and find other local entrepreneurs to show them how to do it using Glide. Some jurisdictions have public monies available to help set up these programs and can also maybe connect you to investors to help fund the ideas that show the most promise. That’s the whole game behind accelerators and incubators, it’s really lead generation for angels and VCs to bet on the companies that show the most promise via their traction (or if they just believe in you and your idea)

Good luck!

4 Likes

@Jaime :arrow_up:

Well done @rayo!

on the orders sheet: maybe you can add a link to the sign up screen. Else, guest users might be lost.
How do you want to clean up the data of orders that were placed but never paid?
Do you want to include sales tax?

1 Like

added!

1 Like

By the way, I was browsing earlier, and I couldn’t see quickchart there anywhere?

Thank you, yes there were links for signing up which i removed as i haven’t yet finished the user account tabs & screens. wanted to test out and learn from feedback on the guest checkout process first.

cleaning up incomplete orders will be a pain especially with no scripts or zaps used. Do you have any suggestions?

for signed in users i was planning to add a max # of incomplete orders (3-5) that a user can place. If they want to checkout and create new orders they would have to delete from the incomplete orders.

I was also planning to test creating a 1 row table made out mostly of user specific columns for order details. Then when payment done, i create a new row in another table for complete orders. Not sure yet if that works.

Regarding sales tax, i wasn’t sure if I include or now. It won’t be hard to implement, but i thought most people who want to use such a template for an app that sells home made items usually don’t include tax or include it in the item price. what do u think?

it is now :smiley:

1 Like

incomplete orders: Yes, I also thought about user-specific columns. Work with public apps too. Let me know if it worked.

sales tax: I think it could be hard to implement, since there are many different cases and country rates, and only a few payment providers offer built-in solutions, such as thrivecart. Haven’t tried yet. Sales tax becomes relevant as soon vendors are businesses and need to make declarations and provide proof (invoices) or customers are foreign businesses and want to shop tax free.

1 Like

Cool design, I like the solution for showing/hiding sections, assuming that you are using different images, how would these scale on different screens?
some images have an on-click action, but you only get the same image again…

Thank u. Im not quite sure if scaling will work for all screens. It seems fine until now on the ones i checked.
Some images in the checkout process are locked on purpose until previous steps are completed or if no order is in checkout. Are these the ones you are referring to?

Il give it a try soon and update you though this will rule out the ability to checkout an incomplete order a few days after it was saved. I was planning to do that

no, I mean for example this

Yes this has no onclick action other than enlarging photo. Its a carousel of 3 images. You can slide it left to see the other 2

but why enlarging the photo, its filling the screen width anyway
carousel was not obvious to me, you could try something like Image carousel - indication of mutiple images from @Krivo

1 Like

Amazing job ! Congrats ! :partying_face:
The design is very good, as is the UX !

1 Like

true, i removed the enlarge. i was thinking of using css to keep Glide’s Slider Tag (2/3) from disappearing. but then i cannot make my app a template.

added a few new features, please check it out. is this worth adding to the template store? any advice on a suitable price?

1 Like

@rayo ayo Please add it to the template store. It would be benificial for many.

@Shuvam_Kar