COMMUNITY MEETUP: June 2, 2020 (Tuesday)
Join here: Google Meet link
- Let’s try to sign in a few minutes early so we can start at 17.00.
- Participants will introduce themselves (60 seconds max.): experience and goals with Glide.
- Topics will be discussed in 10 to 20-minutes chunks.
- When speaking, please try to use the CAR method: context, actions, results.
- 5 to 10-minute break around 17.40 if needed.
- Topics we do not address during this meetup will be addressed during the next one.
Concept & purpose of the meeting
This community meetup is organized spontaneously by a few Gliders, not by Glide Team itself. The session is meant to be a discussion. Join with your own topics and ideas.
- We want to get smarter, find inspiration, learn from one another.
- We will not record the meeting as we are here to learn, not to perform and attract clients.
- We share learnings and experience, including mistakes, misunderstandings, failures…
During this 60 to 90-minute online meetup, Gliders – maybe including you – will discuss multiple topics in 10-20 minutes chunks related to app building in Glide.
(Deep dives, full blown app building sessions and class-like meetups might be organized at later dates, where an expert might present trending topics or demonstrate something live.)
Discussion topics submitted so far
- Setting up a carousel in conjunction with Cloudinary (@Krivo)
- Query vs importrange vs arrayformula in Google Sheets (@Krivo)
- Text strikethrough (@nathanaelb)
- Where the biggest “hacks” are done (data structure, design) that might indicate upcoming feature releases.
- Best practices when creating an app: creative process, data structure in GS and GDE, UX.
Further requests or suggestions for this meetup, from you
- Lag troubleshooting (@David_Fefferman)
- Efficient data structure (@David_Fefferman)
- Storing subscription details (mail provider, in sheet?)
- Integrations with 3rd-party services such Webflow, Zapier, etc.
- Timestamps: local time vs user’s settings
- Private messaging within an app. Realtime. Daily summaries. (@David_Fefferman)
- App push notifications. Browser notifications. (@David_Fefferman)
- On-boarding screens. Zero-state and first time user tutorials that disappear after the user has completed a task. (@David_Fefferman, @Manan_Mehta)
- Cash on Delivery (COD) as an additional option at checkout (@Aj2666)
- Combined public & private access for users (@Aj2666)
- Custom REST apis (@Wayne)
- Limits: 25000 rows, will we ever have this limit increased (@Wayne)
- Like component customizable, e.g. down vote, upvote instead of just Liked (@Wayne)
- Google Maps: drop pinto set a location (@Wayne)
Let us know here if you think you might be able to join. Should you want a calendar invitation with the Google Meet link as a reminder, feel free to send @nathanaelb a direct message with your email address and I will add you.