Can't duplicate app

My app’s URL: theclass.app

hi guys.
My app theclass.app is turning out to be a monster, both on the GSheet side and on Glideapps side.
We have several thousand of rows.

I’ve been trying to create a copy of the app (and its sheet) as a backup, however, I can’t.

I just get the loading image, and eventually, it disappears w/o creating the copy.

I’m worried since a) my customer likes to move things in Glide himself :sweat: :sweat_smile: and there are a lot of things going in there.

The app is in an ORG.

Kapture 2020-05-25 at 12.20.42

Large sheets get difficult to copy because glide has to download the entire sheet and reupload it to a new sheet. It’s a complete different process compared to duplicating a sheet within google drive. I’m guessing it’s so much data to move that it the process times out at glide. I would make sure all empty rows and columns are deleted to help streamline it a little bit. Otherwise I would try temporary removing a lot of the data in the sheet, perform the copy, then restore the data.

I’ve already removed all empty rows, however I can’t delete the rest, since it’s a live app with a lot of users online, and removing data would break it.

1 Like

Actually are you using the copy function when viewing the published url, or are you clicking on the duplicate app option within the app dashboard? If you are using the duplicate option, are you trying to duplicate the app and sheet or just duplicating with the same sheet? I guess I’ve never seen any issues with the duplicate option, but I also haven’t used it much.

Duplicating the app within the dashboard.
I can’t make a copy, since it’s in an Org.
If I duplicate the app w/o the sheet, then it doesn’t help much in terms of staging and proototyping.

1 Like

OK. I don’t use Orgs, so I’m not overly familiar with them. I’m not sure if there is a fundamental difference between the copy template option and duplicating within the dashboard. I suppose they really are the same. Sorry, I guess I don’t really have any other ideas.