Barcode scanning your inventory

Cool new stuff arrived to do barcode scanning. It is really fast. Have a look on this inventory scanner app.

this app is a further development of the app shown in this post

Somebody might have hoped for a QR code scanner - but I’m sure this will arrive soon as well (hope :slight_smile: )

I’m a bit sad about the number of barcode scans that can be made on pro subscription apps - only 1000/mo. Maybe Glide chose an expensive supplier for this functionality.

14 Likes

I wish it could read PDF417 barcodes.

That could be nice as well :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice demo! Like the keypad layout as well. Minimalistically beautiful and efficient!

Very nice! Love the keypad as well!

yes, that scans/month limitation will keep us from using this unfortunately.

Great work!

how many scan can use for a basis/ Pro app ?

10 scans for basic (so you can see what it does). 1000 for pro subscription. This is per month.

2 Likes

Ya…not enough scans for pro for sure. I have 500 students in my building alone. I was hoping to use this for student attendance (each student already has a barcode on their ID). They’d scan their ID when entering the classroom to automatically take attendance for that class.

So, each student would be able to scan for only 2 of their 5 periods that day and then not again until next month…

1 Like

@Krivo I just tried to add this, however, nothing is getting entered to chosen column:

1. I added a button in a form
  2. Attached an action workflow with 1 action - barcode scan
  3. Barcode scan attached to a column (number column type)
  4. When I scan - it goes green - says complete - nothing added to column

Is there something I’m missing here? E.g. a step? Or column type issue?

Or perhaps it’s an action workflow bug?

Thanks for any thoughts.

hmm, I wonder if that limit is actually enforced?
Easy enough to find out :wink:

After you easily scan 1001 items, let me know :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t even need to scan once to find out :stuck_out_tongue:
Curiosity got the better of me, so I just had a peek.
And yes, it looks like it is being enforced.

1 Like

:unamused:

@qb15 Have you tried to click on the screen with the green line. Sometimes that helps, I think

By the way - I haven’t been able to get bar code scanning working with Glide tables. The button doesn’t show up. @mark is that expected?

And then it is time off for another month :wink:

Glide must have chosen an expensive subsupplier as the limit is 1000 for pro account.

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto Inspiration also used for the calculator - and the barcode scanner could also be adjusted with the features from the calculator app

1 Like

If you feel llike it, try to use the barcode scanner of cellartracker app (or see below for a simple use). Looks very simmilar to the one in Glide. The scanner is lightning fast.
Also notice the text displayed on the scanning page.

Think I didn’t clarify clearly enough.

It shows success on the scan, but nothing is saved. So it’s a saving to tables problem by the looks of it.