šŸ†• All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st

Let me know how it goes in the coming months, I donā€™t think you will experience too many updates when not editing you apps.

1 Like

I use google sheets but I am not seeing any Syncs. (Iā€™m already dealing with DJP on this)

Above you said ā€œWe are not charging for http GETā€“we are charging for syncing every single cell in your Google Sheet, for example, which is expensive.ā€ Can you clarify, is update to a cell or a row, i.e when we use an edit form or Add form is that one update or is that the number of data components used.

I guess it depends on how you write values, setValue or setValues? one by one or by range, or with for(I) formula

Hi @david , Iā€™m a Glide enthusiast, I think itā€™s a great tool.
The new pricing scheme has presented me with several problems.
First is how I explain to a client who paid a year in advance of a PRO application. That what we hired no longer exists. That the company changed its price matrix.
And that from now on we will pay a minimum of 100 dollars.
Then comes the issue of updates that, as I have read, the same thing happens to other members as to me.
Today I had 1000 updates in the application.
Beyond the review of the topic, I ask you to please have a more realistic scale for small businesses.
I would ask you to please at least comply with the plan we hired.
That when this plan ends (which has already been paid) change the price matrix.
Or apply to new plans.
I await your comments.
Best regards
DarĆ­o

I would try telling them that our pricing has changed, and send them to our new pricing page. There are huge advantages to our new pricingā€“they can now create unlimited apps, for example, on the Pro plan. You could explain to them that they can now have multiple apps and pages, and get much more out of Glide. Itā€™s a normal thing for companies to change their prices, I donā€™t think your clients will be too confused.

We plan to give generous discounts when you migrate to new plans, to match your current pricing as close as we can on your current term.

Also, a lot of people think that our new Pro Team plan, at $99/mo, is the same as our old Pro App plan, just 3x more expensive. Itā€™s a totally different plan. Depending on your clientā€™s needs, they might be able to use Starter, for example.

3 Likes

@david Can you add one more plan?
Mini PRO
$10/month

• up to 3 apps
  • 2 editors
  • 2K rows
  • 2K Updates
  • 500 public users
  • 10 private users
  • 2GB File Storage
  • Web Embeds
  • eCommerce
  • tablet view
  • small branding
    users can buy additional limit upgrades for $5 per upgrade, as they know what they need after running the app for a while.

I guarantee you gonna make a fortune on that plan

2 Likes

Seems Simple as glideā€¦

I donā€™t know from a business point of view but this look like something that could work from a user point of view but again if you going to publish this plan (hypothetically speaking) then you would really have to adjust the updates for Starter plan (currently at 2500).

There are so many things that can be done to fine tune the plans and I think we must allow the team enough time to ponder and find alternatives. These guys know what they are doing. I trust them to find a way and we also want Glide to be sustainable at the end of the day, its about longevityā€¦

6 Likes

Look at this @david

Yesterday I made this screen capture and then I closed the editor

Today, without doing anything at the editor this is what the updates counter shows

More than 70 syncs more!!

462 updates in just one day. Something is clearly going wrong. As you know Iā€™m working with an Airtable integration.

The opacity of the origin of the sync gives me a terrible insecurity. if I have to pay for this I would need more transparency. At this rate I calculate that in a month it could reach 12,000 or more updates. Crazy.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. And the counter grow each hourā€¦
In my case I work with Google Sheet.
@david @DJP @Mark

I canā€™t identify which app consume Sync

2 Likes

Which app and what process.

So , now iā€™m on the old plan Pro which was 37 or sort of
what does this mean?
My plan will be automatically the Starter ?
Or i will be charged of 99 as the new pro?
On starter will i have white label ?
I have to say that not putting API on Starter its a dumb decision.

I know but a user like me its a little scared,
in my case i CANā€™T GO TO 99 and i donā€™t know if this will happen automatically or not.
In my case this could be the end of being in Glide , i hope i didnā€™t understand well.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. In this case it is not useful for me to have unlimited applications.
It will be at least 3 times more expensive.
And the complex part of explaining to the client is that with the pro payment plan for one year. The monthly cost changes 3 months after contracting.
Thank you for your response and your time.

1 Like

So the Starter is "my old "pro plan but ā€¦sadā€¦without Api?
Will i have to do something or will just shift by its own on Starter ?

So who was at 32 will stay untouched ?

Hello everyone! I have a doubt. Whether the updates take into account the rows that are added. The first month could not make full use of the 5000 rows for the Pro case because it only has 2500 updates? That is, for example, my user base could not grow in less than a month more than the updates even though I have rows available?

Hi Gliders!
Depending on the referral, we have on the screen with the same name written: ā€œReferrals
You have referred XXX active developers, unlocking an additional XXXXX rows and XXXXX sheet edits for your free apps.
Thank you for sharing Glide!ā€.

These lines and edits that I got were the result of my work in publicizing Glide at the request of Glide himself, that is, they were not given but the result of the work of publicity that brought not only advantages through the lines and edits but advantages to Glide himself. If we have no control over how many purchased plans it is because the platform itself does not show it, although this is irrelevant.
Although updates can be made, although they bring harm to customers and also to us as developers, these lines and edits cannot be removed since the achievement was the result of work and not a simple gratuity of Glide. We deserve it because we conquer by creating ways to bring in new users where many have purchased plans and make a profit on the platform.
How will these lines and edits be reimbursed to developers?
Thanks

1 Like

Why has the signature pad and barcode scanner been removed from free/starter levels?

Because we view these as business features.