🆕 All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st

In my Starter plan, I have access to 5 Apps and 5 Pages and each project has 5000 rows. Before I have even had full access to the 1 projects Rows whether it is to edit or delete or Add, I would have finished or used more than the 2500 updates…

I have a business listing App that I am launching soon. In the App, I use an inline list to filter results to be displayed in terms of those business. The inline list is linked to the USC and the App is public. What I have noted is that even visitors making selection with the inline list to filter results has an effect on the updates.
Although the plan says unlimited visitors this means I would quickly finish those updates and this is not even information that is permanently saved on the table as it is stored on the users device.
This is just 1 example of the App I have on Starter.

Regarding editing user-specific columns, we are still determining if these will be counted as Edits in the future. This has been raised by Experts and in this thread, so we are well aware

It is possible that (a) we do not count edits to user-specific columns or (b) we introduce a new feature to allow users to make edits that remain local to their devices

Outside of users editing user-specific columns, what other use cases are increasing your Updates count?

3 Likes

Bonsoir Géraldine, l’horizon est rose je pense, tout ton travail n’est pas en vain, bien au contraire je pense :slight_smile:

Prenons du recul. Glide facturait à l’app. Ce serait comme facturer à l’image Canva que tu crées, ou à ta présentation Powerpoint, ou à ton document Word ou Excel. C’était bien évidemment, mais c’est encore mieux de pouvoir créer autant de Word, Excel et Powerpoint que tu veux. C’est l’objectif de ces solutions qui veulent atteindre beaucoup de personnes. Et c’est le cas de Glide : 1 milliard de nouveaux développeurs d’ici 2030.

A la limite, l’objectif de Glide ne t’intéresse pas, du moment que tu t’y retrouves, et cela se comprend. Je pense que tu vas t’y retrouver. Glide a été clair : les nouvelles limitations, en particulier pour les updates, ne vont pas pour le moment être rigoureusement appliquées. Je répète : ne vont pas. Comprends que Glide s’engage dans le bonne direction (nous permettre de développer davantage) et pour eux aussi il pourrait y avoir des surprises. Ils monitorent donc minutieusement les comptes de leurs utilsateurs (nos comptes !), ils vont voir là où il y aurait des problèmes, et ils ajusteront.

Il est probable que certains (mais peu) n’y trouveront pas leur compte. Et la plus grand partie d’entre nous bénéficieront du changement. Certains dans cette discussion se font du souci pour pas grand chose à mon avis :slight_smile:

Si tu as déjà des clients et tu développes des projets business internes (félicitations au passage), il y a de grandes chances que tu sois pile poil l’utilisateur.ice cible de Glide, donc les nouvelles offres sont et seront faites pour toi.

Reprends le sourire et bon développement ! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

So, your app does not have any users yet? How much do you value each public user? And how many times on average do you think they will edit this filter?

Ideally, we would provide better inline filter features that don’t require synced data edits.

1 Like

I just want to congratulate with Glide’s team about the new plans. I am CEO of a small company and I am very happy to pay 99$ per month and have unlimited apps to use internally with the various company teams, from the security department to the field service department. Thanks for existing Glide!

God Bless Glide

3 Likes

@david I wanna say that the Starter plan is exactly what I need as a developer… I’m playing with it now, and is perfect!!!
it has all the PRO functionality… I can have the main App, Owner app, and testing app at one low price of $25.
I will bring lots of my customers who have just websites to this plan.
please fix transferring old apps, so I can move my templates.
I’m very happy! :wink:

3 Likes

Happy Uzo, Glide must be happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I transfer the wrong app to my starter, and now it won’t let me transfer back to the free plan… I can only delete it… ??? i can not do that

Here’s a question for the Glide Team.

1 Like

Same Question regarding Map Pins.

Please explain all these small things in detail. It was very easy to see the limit inside the app for all the things.

@Roberto Not sure if you got the answer but if you go into your app and then click on the Pro/Private APP top right

You should see the sheet edits. It doesn’t show the ADD, DELETES or SYNCS so not sure if that is jsut edits as per usage from the main sheet.

This would be great and appreciated…

Not at the moment as the App is not yet launched but to answer your question, the business owners would be the public users of the App.

I can’t be sure about this one and this is what drives me crazy as I have no control over it. At the moment as things stand the updates would be affected by both visitors and public users and there is not much I can do until a decision is made on the use of USC by visitors.

Before I respond to this question, I will reiterate what I have said all along, I have absolutely no problem with the Pricing of the plans per se. on a stand alone basis.
It starts being an issue in terms of value you are getting as a customer relative to the value a customer on free plan gets.

As you know, value and pricing is a relative and a subjective term. In this case I was challenging the value a person on Starter gets in comparison to a person on Free plan. I was only flagging that imbalance

In any case, I won’t be on Starter plan for long , I will be quickly moving up the ranks and I am glad we can at least purchase quotas when they are depleted, especially updates and hopefully it will be on a better scale in terms of $:units(updates).

This seems really far off the mark. I would much rather things be done to make sense, rather than to be nice. Don’t get me wrong, it’s lovely that you are nice! But it seems to be a fair point being made about what you are asking your users to pay for.

Also it would be nice if signatures were introduced in the lower tiers. Personally it doesn’t make sense to paywall the feature at $99. Going from $32 to $99 is terminal for our hopes to grow on Glide. The risk for my business is too great with this jump and will mean a halt to the projects if that new structure is imposed on us.

So if nothing else, it would be lovely to have it brought back on the merits of you being nice! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @david @DJP
I’m sorry if I missed this.
I have read all of the replies and I think I didn’t see this two:

• How do rows count when you have a shared dataset between your projects? The shared rows count twice? I’m just asking, I don’t consider any answer to be wrong or right
  • Updates are sliced between all the rows of all our projects or are per-project basis?

Thanks!

No worries! Answering your questions below:

1. Rows are counted per project. If the same data source is connected to two projects, you will see rows count for both projects

Because rows are counted on a per-project basis, the total number of rows used by your team is not relevant. On the Pro team plan, you can have unlimited published projects with 25,000 rows each

2. Every quota (excluding Rows per Project) is measured by how much your team uses. Whether it is Updates, Users, or File Storage, they are all counted based on the total amount used by a team’s projects

2 Likes

Not available but already covered here as a future improvement

So it’s safe to say that rows are per project and everything else is per team?

Hey, Valdir!

I believe I already answered your question in our DMs

Additional Rows per Project and Sheet Edits you received from referrals will remain intact for the Apps and Pages that already have them. New teams you create will not receive the additional Rows and Sheet Edits

This point was already answered here:

1 Like

@david explained to me that they are basing that 1 billion on the 1 billion spreadsheets in the “wild”. These spreadsheets exist inside corporations. So they are targeting the businesses and corporations.

That being said, it does seem incongruent to me how liberal they are being with the free plans (just make another team if you surpass 3 apps) vs the lowest paid plan, where everyone who has just 1 pro app resides.

But as they’ve pointed out, we don’t know their business model, and those users with just 1 pro app could be only 1% of their users. I’d be willing to bet, however, that the free users exceed the “1 pro app” people, and therefore cost Glide more than the “1 pro app” people overall.

1 Like