Why is there Buy Button limitations?

Well, a form won’t do “on-the-fly” calculations, but once you submit a form with a price and quantity, then you can add a math column in the form response sheet to calculate the price. All I’m saying with a form is that it’s not share among users and each form submission will create a new row in whatever sheet you choose. The problem you are currently having with multiple users overwriting each other’s value is because each user is updating the same value in the sheet. User Specific columns prevent this from happening because the value is stored uniquely for each individual user.

That’s why you have to store the transaction outside the product page.

Product > cart > checkout (buy button)

The calculations are done at the “cart” phase and the values are passed as text at the checkout phase. Thats where your buy button lives.

Just need to map and relate values starting from the product page all the way through the process.

Yes, a single transaction (backend) will have multiple records unfortunately. But the user doesn’t necessarily know that. It’s just a process that is needed until glide allows totals to get passed to the buy button.

1 Like

Are you doing this via google sheets, or the glide sheet thing?

The product is on google sheets but the transactions are on glide sheets so that they calculate instantly. Once the product is paid for that payment lives on google sheet.

Got it!
When you talk about mapping and relating… how does that work exactly?

Sorry, I’m asking so many questions. It feels like I’m so close!

Ok, so here’s how I’m understanding it…

1. I have a google sheet called “pumpkin product info home.”
  • This has all the info on the pumpkin (name, description, cost, image)
  • I use this sheet as the landing page so users can learn about them and decide if they want one.
  • I then use a “form button” to link to a second sheet/tab called "Pumpkin Cart
  1. The Pumpkin Cart
  • this is a glide table that lists all that product info from the google sheet, plus quantity and a calculated price (Quantity * 5).

*** But this is where I get stuck! How to I bring the product info into that glide table? And on which page do they enter their quantity?

I’m so sorry I’m struggling so much with this! Thanks for any help.

@frenat. This might help:

Custom CART FUNCTION with/without payment button

1 Like