šŸŽ¤ We'll Do It Live - Episode 3

Bonjour,

1. a math not (!) operation for boolean values in the math columns
    And a boolean action not (!).
    sometimes itā€™s useful to just have a value inversion instead of doing ifthen and setcolumns.

2. Slightly lower the Edit window to continue to see the column names.
    !!! Easy itā€™s already staging (thanks to a request from Jeff)

3. carriage return for the Hint component.
    I had to do some stupid CSS to achieve this result.

5 Likes

Ah oui,

1. sorting the applications in alphabetical order in ā€œMy applicationsā€
    or the choice: sort by name or by creation date

2. Also an alphabetical sorting of Glide tables during a ā€œLink to Glide Tableā€

3. Remove webhook definitions for actions.

Nb: impossible for me to participate in this event but hey, do the best :wink:

(I guess it is not possible to save the zoom for a replay?)

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more. I just cannot understand why not all the features are made available on all the components using images. It must be a bigger task to keep the components different than keeping them the same.

3 Likes

Not sure if itā€™s tiny - but I would love to see a new maths function called RND, e.g. a random number between 0 - 1.

This one is in Staging. I had mentioned it in the last Live session.

4 Likes

Little issue for me : On the table display, when a line is boolean and the value is ā€œtrueā€ when using the pure light display (the black display) the box is simply black. The little :heavy_check_mark: should be white within that box.

Could you post a screenshot please?

There you go :

(app with a pure theme)
Capture dā€™eĢcran 2021-06-07 aĢ€ 23.04.02
(app with a specific color theme)
Capture dā€™eĢcran 2021-06-07 aĢ€ 23.04.08

Once again on a table component :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, greetings, it would be possible to add ā€œiconsā€ in basic columns :star_struck: and to be able to access a large collection of glide and not only for buttons. It would help a lot with the design.

Could you post a mockup of what youā€™re trying to build?

many use a list as buttons with external icons if you had access to those icons it would be much faster

4 Likes

Would be neat to use the same icon library as an option for the image in an inline listā€¦

6 Likes

Also would be great to tap into Unsplash for stock images from components that use images as a Custom value (not just through a specific column).

3 Likes

Oh cool thanks @Mark If thereā€™s still time for more requests, Iā€™ve got 2:

1. Could a centered text option be added under the Text Style section in Below position. See attached screenshot for reference. thanks!

1. When a user tries to select their location using GPS, if location services with Safari isnā€™t enabled, could there be a pop-up window telling them what to do? This is such a cool and important feature that Glide has and I even created a separated tab for it all by itself but I havenā€™t been able to create a user friendly experience when a user doesnā€™t have location services enabled other than a blocky image where I just used a screenshot of your map and typed out the instructions below it. See below for reference. Thanks

2 Likes

I suspect this isnā€™t a quick and easy one, but Iā€™ll throw it out there anywayā€¦

How about being able to define a sort order when creating a multi-relation?

For clarity, I donā€™t mean being able to sort an Inline List thatā€™s using a multi-relation as a source (which of course we can already do). What I mean is being able to define the ordering of a multi-relation as part of the column configuration.

So when you create a multi-relation column, you have an opportunity to define a sort column, and the ordering of the returned rows will be based on the values in that column :slight_smile:

PS. The use case for this is in the topic I linked to.

5 Likes

Can the allow promotion codes be turned on for checkout? This would be great to allow coupon codes to be used when checking out using the card.

Adding a search columns option in component settings. This can apply to all actions, filters and visibility settings. Especially useful when there are too many columns.

3 Likes

Agreed, although this will probably become less of an issue once (if) the new column grouping feature is released into the wild :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even groups may end up having too many columns! A search could always be handy.

2 Likes

Oh yes, Sharing Glide Table: being able to know the file of the table (some apps have the same Tab name, ex. User) of to sort by also last updated version.