🎤 We'll Do It Live - Episode 3

@tristan, @Jason and I will be doing another live design/coding session this Thursday, June 10 2021 at 1pm Pacific Time. We’ll be on for about 2 hours. Come and join and help us with fixing papercuts and/or building tiny features. We’d love your input on what we should be working on. Post it here now to help us plan the session.

15 Likes

Today is June 7?

I fixed it for Mark. He was just so excited about doing live coding on my birthday he typed the wrong number.

2 Likes

If you want to know when the event is starting at your location :slight_smile: 2021-06-10T20:00:00Z

3 Likes

Hate to miss, but have appointment with dental chair at same time.

Did a quick review of Feature Requests, perhaps these requests are candidate for this weeks Live Code Episode 3 session:

TINY, TINY feature request - “Is True” dropdown

Dataeditor : copy-paste columns

Right Click Menu — Paste

1 Like

Reorder teams in the dashboard!

5 Likes

Add subsequent filter/visibility condition to a component without clicking out and back in to the condition panel.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks @AyS_0908

1 Like

Unlink the tab name in the left panel menu, and the one which is displayed at the top of the screen

5 Likes

Enable to increase/decrease the left panels in databuilder and in component panel

builder- left margin

screen- left margin

3 Likes

This would be nice. That way I can have a blank tab title but still label it something in the builder.

3 Likes

Probably not a tiny change, therefore rather a question: why are the “component” panel and the “general | option | edit” panel not on the same side?

3 Likes

Change hover text for Screen and User columns when building a form — the hover text should show the full column name and not just “A column from the user profile’s row”, etc.

1 Like

After adding a Screen or User Profile column to a form, show the column choice in the right panel so that you can select the appropriate column. Currently, it just adds it to the column it thinks is correct and doesn’t automatically bring up the choice select list to change the value right away.

1 Like

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean, please?

Here too, please.

Add all the same image configurations that the Image field has to the Title component (tag, sizing, etc.)

3 Likes

Yes, Kyle! Both of these are incredibly important. Thanks for bringing them up!

1 Like

Here’s the first one — when hovering over a column with a long title, this is the hover text that appears:

The 2nd one is tough to show as a screenshot, but here’s a quick Loom video explaining it. Basically, you’d expect that column choice to come up immediately after picking the new Screen Column.

Yes to this, along with face cropping in the Title and in the Cards layout.

The concept of the the Title component is great, especially with the newer appearance settings, but I still tend to create a multiple self relation so I can get a single Tile or Card to use in place of a Title component. I especially use the 3:1 ratio a lot, which the title does not contain. The self relation and inline list method is just a lot more versatile for me.

There needs to be more consistency among all of the components that use images. Some have configuration settings that aren’t in others, such as ratio’s, cropping behavior, overlay and data options, and probably some various other things. There’s just times that I want to use one component but it doesn’t contain all of the visual settings I need, so I have to use something else or a bit of a workaround.

This is an inline list in the Tile Style, that I use as a hybrid of a Title/Image component.

8 Likes