↗️ Webhook Action Tutorial

This is really awesome, but I need a bit more on this.
Webhook Action can be only done by clicking a button. It should have a trigger action to automate the process. Likewise When a new row added it’ll make a call.

Example…
When a new payment created, it’s reflecting in the sheet. So, when a new row added, I want to trigger webhook to send data.
From this, I would like to send instant payment confirmation via email or via WhatsApp API.

1 Like

That’s possible too, you would just skip the webhook and simply do a Google Sheet to Email in Zapier.

Yes. I’ve been doing this for a long time. But I’ll feel more organized if I would use these kinda features in Glide itself.

Can’t you just add a webhook action on submit, or am I missing something and a row is being adding to the sheet from outside of glide?

Except that Buy Button doesn’t have configurable actions.

2 Likes

Was playing around with it a little bit and realized we can also create - specific per device - iOS push notifications with integromat :sparkles:

From Succipe app

3 Likes

Interesting, I wonder if you can brand it in some way so it doesn’t show display ‘Integromat’ my users would be like “who is integromat” :blush:

Yep! We use this too!

Use case 1: say you want to be notified after users view/clicks on a specific piece of content x-amount of times, then once the increment action/condition gets to x-amount (example 100), then it’ll fire the webhook and we’ll receive the notification.

Use case 2: Similar scenario but for a Support Response - say a user needs immediate response, you could connect it to a button and if/when pressed sends a notification with their name, email and support query. You can also do this with Slack :sunglasses:

1 Like

Would love to, @Rosewebstudio

But, as I said here, Integromat only allows us to do it with phones which has the Integromat already installed in it.

2 Likes

Ahh I see, maybe one day :thinking: thanks

1 Like

Right…it requires a third party app. Others exist out there too, like push bullet.

2 Likes

I have to do the recording for this!! I’ll share it here next week

2 Likes

How would you do this for a mass email, would you just have the cell referenced contain all emails separated by a space or comma?

It works using their phone number@carriers text address (example 9185551234@txt.att.net)

Yep! Do a join column with comma separated addresses and place that in the BCC field

Thanks Robert, I figured it would be that simple but I didnt want to test it and send 100 emails to people and piss them off.

2 Likes

So I’m using this formula to avoid blanks since the list will change and increase or decrease in size:

=JOIN( ", ",FILTER(A2:A,NOT(A2:A = "")))

Ya, I’m always nervous about doing that as well whenever a client wants me to add in that functionality to an existing live app.

Same…I’ve been using my scripts but I figured might as well try the webhook way.

I dont know how to set up this