Vote for User Specific Roll-Ups

Please don’t make me repeat my ted talk about how there should be a single source for feature requests and the app isn’t cutting it. Deep linking helps? Let’s see where we get with this one in the next 48 hours because I just really want to know who does NOT need/want this…I mean, just ask me if I want two arms, two legs, ten fingers and toes…Yes, and I want user specific ROLL UPS too. (And my background screen during loading). lol

5 Likes

You go girl! :smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Look at this example:

This one also needs the same feature. 6 votes wasted on a use case rather than an actual backend feature.

2 Likes

How about 5 votes to not have to rebuild tabs and forms? BTW, really not piling on here against the Glide team or anything…I just think the feature requests process is not effective and needs to be revamped. Deep linking isn’t going to fix it. Even if use case needs to be submitted (totally fair), just putting the form and everything here in the community where people are like 1000x more engaged than with the features request app makes much more sense.

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand you. I try always to think in both sides… maybe what’s easy to me, it’s not easy for them. Vice versa.

2 Likes

Agreed, but in the end if it’s not effective it’s good for no one…I am personally happy to do it either way, and I see some of us cooperating as we’re asked to do using the features app but you see that there is a huge disparity in the number of threads regarding new features than actually get translated to “votes”…but I’m totally with you @Lucas_Pires, I want to be helpful and cooperative.

2 Likes

The votes for this one and the rollup should be merged and added. It’s the same thing.

3 Likes

Agreed. Actually everything sums up in “we wanna count also user-specific columns, plz”

2 Likes

@S_C , @Deena , @Lucas_Pires this seems like a fun place to plop this post down.
What’s the middle ground? I know for fact the Glide team is super attentive to the feature request app.

4 Likes

Agreed, it is about middle ground but only if there is some synthesis between features request here and in the app. But my take, based on conversations with @JackVaughan is that the app is more effective. That’s why it is bothersome that the app is less used than the community. But I could be totally wrong and happy to stand corrected. Generally, I think we are all grateful just to have a voice and have such an amazing team at Glide to hear us.

Case in point though:

@_eric Your message was very timely. I am cross-referencing here to agree with you.

4 Likes

We don’t know the priorities of Glide team. Therefore, all we can do is to submit feature requests, vote, and “whine” here. It would be great to see what they are working on so that we can build and request accordingly. Some of our requests are redundant at times but we can’t hold back as we don’t know if something is already getting a priority or not.

I had suggested a middle ground a while back. No official response.

Anyhow, this is norm among Glide’s peers. For example, Adalo has such a feature. Feature Requests | Adalo

Hopefully, this post is considered a part of constructive criticism by Glide and not taken against me.

4 Likes

It’s a tough solve. I suspect it’s difficult for both sides. But frustration is mounting so hopefully this will be addressed.

3 Likes

Perhaps a multiple of votes could also given by the experts and others at some point as they climb the forum ranks.

Elite contributors with numerous apps and brilliance would get 10 votes per vote while qualified Experts could outright insist that the Glide team work weekends on requested features. Ha.

As for sharing their deep secrets, I have to think they don’t want to give up any first strike advantage. Google Tables will be a hit but always a clone of Airtable. You want to at least retain bragging rights for after you get crushed or bought out.

2 Likes

weighted voting? Those experiments don’t usually work out really well.

How can you say that?

“One Ring to Rule Them All” turned into a blockbuster franchise. :smile:

What could possibly go wrong by giving a select few more voting rights than the populace in a general election? Oh, never mind. As I slap myself.

1 Like

Lol

For sure! My anxiety would thank for that :joy:

2 Likes

It won’t just be helpful for us but for Glide as well - improved customer satisfaction and loyalty

1 Like

I appreciate the separation between the app and this forum isn’t ideal. At the moment, we don’t have the capacity to work on a solution to this but we hear you. We appreciate you guys sharing links to features in here.

We’ve chatted recently about what we’re working on in a community meetup. But a public roadmap is still not something we’re likely to do soon.

5 Likes