Feature Requests Q

Hi @JackVaughan - this looks great. Some suggestions/observations, if I may:

• Shipped tab - A date would be a plus.
  • Add a “planned” tab?
  • 5 shipped features with 1 vote total - are these added after being shipped? Can’t imagine that’s indicative of high value/urgency.

For feature requests and tracking, we’re in need of a single source of truth.

A decent number of posts regularly get tagged #feature-requests and I suspect the existence of this app is unknown to most folks on the forum. Absent of a “could you please add this to our feature req app?” autoresponder, there needs to be a concerted effort to drive attention to it.

It’s hard to distinguish between, and therefore assign appropriate significance to wishlist posts, feature request posts, nest eggs in staging, and Glide’s official (quarterly?) roadmap items, etc.

With no exception, every tool I use has a public roadmap I consult frequently to make business decisions. I know what’s coming and what’s on the back burner based on predictable updates and progress I can monitor. Use of a Glide app for this makes product sense — doesn’t have to be a Trello or Canny board. It does need to be accessible and actively maintained.

I have shelved a Glide app and suspended PRO subscriptions until certain features are supported and/or improved. I make time to “check in” to see if there are developments which might change the direction of those projects. But it’s time-consuming and inefficient.

I have to believe Glide’s overall aim is to augment its set of robust features so users are less reliant on a mishmash of clever workarounds. Along the way, it would be helpful to leverage your communication channels (video?) to outline and share what the definitive protocol is for feature requests to increase confidence and buy-in.

2 Likes