Visibility in a lookup-column

Hi Gliders,

I use a lookup-column to monitor the status of another table.
Let’s say the status is “created”.
Now I want to apply a visibility condition to the lookup column.
But this does not work (the owner is identical for both tables)
do you have any idea how I can create a visibility condition for a lookup column based on the content?

Thank you very much!
Best regards
Bernd
Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-25 um 10.20.37

Can you go into more detail? What doesn’t work? Your screenshot shows that you have a visibility condition set up, so I’m not sure what you are asking for.

1 Like

I have a form screen and I would like to display certain content there depending on various column values.
However, the visibility settings have no influence at all on the content. i.e. the setting shown should actually cause the element to be displayed. but it does not.

It’s going to use the value based on the specific row your screen is attached to. If you click on the Data Preview button on the lower left corner of the screen, it should show you which row the screen is attached to. What does it show you for the status lookup column?

Hey Jeff,
crap - now i have started to build the whole thing via the detail screen (not via the form screen). i.e. when i went back now, my entire form was gone :smiling_face_with_tear:
I have read here in the forum that visibility-condition in form-screen seems to be a bit tricky.
That’s why I tried another way.
I’ll now check whether I have more success using the detail screen. If that doesn’t work, I’ll continue on my original path and come back here if necessary.
Many thanks until then!

1 Like

Can you go into more details why you need to show content based on visibility in forms?

I wanted to display fields depending on the values of other fields.
However, the visibility conditions did not work at all in the forms screen.
I have now solved this via the details screen. It worked without any problems…
many thanks for the support anyway.

1 Like