User profile image vs comment avatar

Hello. Using the native User Profile workflow within Glide, users of our app are able to add an image to their user profile. However, when that same user leaves a comment, the avatar within their comment is a generic one based on their user profile name and not the image they uploaded? Or, if they used a Google account to sign up, their Google avatar appears with the comment instead of their custom profile image in Glide. Why is this and is there any workaround? I would appreciate any insight into this. Thanks

BTW, the only reference to this I could find in the forum was Comments Avatar vs Profile Pic and I didn’t see any mention of this in the documentation.

I think this is the answer as it fits what you are describing. The gravatar overrides everything.

Hi, @ThinhDinh. Yes, that’s the same thread I referenced in my post. I didn’t see anything definitive from anyone in that so I’ll leave this open for a few days, then put in a ticket to see if Glide has anything to add. I appreciate you weighing in. Thx!

1 Like

Yeah, as this is something Glide handles internally, it’s best you speak with their support. Please report back with info if you can!

Hey, @Dr_Renee_Volny_Darko and @ThinhDinh. It appears someone at Glide caught wind of this thread because, as of today, now a user’s uploaded profile image appears next to their comments. Are you seeing this changes as well? Thx

It does grab my image after my comment but what displays in the call-to-action comment box is still the gravatar.

1 Like

Yes, I’m seeing the same thing on my end. I’ll put in a ticket and see what I can find out. :+1: