Use Group Separator failing?

Well, like I shared in the link above, certain regional locales treat the thousands seperator differently. India for example, puts it every 2 digits, except for the first separator, which separates at 3 digits. Spanish skips it for any number less than 10,000. US english, for example, will in fact include the thousands separate.

es-ES is Spanish - Spain
es-CL is Spanish - Chile
en-US is English - United States
en-IN is English - India

Here are some examples of how different locales treat numbers differently:
Using 1000 as a number:

Using 10000000 as a number:

So the biggest question is, what is your browser and/or OS set to as far as a regional locale or language. If it’s set to a Chile locale, then it should be showing the thousands separator. If you have it set to Spanish in general (es-ES), then it will not show the thousands separator for any number less that 10000. It’s my understanding that Spanish is the primary language in Chile, so that makes it my primary suspicion that you have it set to the wrong Spanish region.

It’s important to know that the numbers will show differently based on the user and their regional locale settings. If I were to look at numbers in your app, I will see them formatted differently compared to how you see them. Same with dates. I will see dates in MM/DD/YYYY format, but you may see them in DD/MM/YYYY format. It’s still the same date, but we both view it differently.

Be sure the check all of your region, locale, and language settings on your computer. Like I said, I suspect that you may have it set to Spanish, but not Chile-Spanish.

3 Likes