Input field value and group separator for numbers

Hello,
I have a calculator where I have a few fields for large numbers. One example is annual sales in millions. However I can’t make the group separator appear with the entered value. Since numbers are large I’m sure users will make mistakes or/and will be confused because the amount of zeros is substantial.
When they enter 1000000 I want the input field automatically display it as 1,000,000
The group separator is ON in the data, but the interface doesn’t honor that setting.
Thanks in advance.

Entering the field will show what you entered… the value in the column will be display as you set it up

What you could do is have the user enter the value in millions, and then use a math column to multiply it in the backend.

For example, if the value should be 1,360,000, enter it as 1.36

I understand that, but I need the value to be displayed with group separators right in the input field and not only in database. Otherwise UX isn’t good…

Thanks Darren.
Too complicated and requires a separate field in the calculator with already quite a few fields. Also the users aren’t ‘techy’ so I have to keep in mind that any confusion will likely result in them not using the tool…

Btw this is what I’m doing already. It’s 10000000 in millions , because the real value is many billions

the simple solution will be to have a text component showing the column where that field is recorded…
you can use HTML to make it position in a better place

yeah I tried this but still it makes things look cumbersome

Yeah, they appears in data but not in entry fields