šŸ†• UPDATED Glidegram - social media app (follow/unfollow, unread messages & more)

Great done!

1 Like

Stellar job! Now if there was only a way to count the likes :thinking:

1 Like

@lisa :clap:

1 Like

Also increment 1 in a sheet column - not user specific -

1 Like

How you manage the likes if someone tap the heart and unlike the photo? :thinking:

Thatā€™s how we gotta thinkā€¦

Maybe a way to double click again and deslike/decrement 1

but if you want to manage it exactly the instagramā€™s way I donā€™t see how :confused:

Using this I said @wjcv06 , canā€™t we do like a reverse action if val is true?

And not using the Favorite icon in the corner

1 Like

Yes removing this, but instagram doesnā€™t work like that ^.^!

@Lucas_Pires youā€™re right, if we remove the favorite icon, then this could work, but with it, there is no way to add an additional action when a user deselects the icon :frowning:

1 Like

Long story short, rollups on user specific columns is the fix!

5 Likes

We create our own ^.^ even better be unique

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

Agreed!

Showcasing the power of Glide is really the goal here. So many clients are amazed when they see that this template can do what a top (coded) app can do. It opens them up to saying ā€œI CAN build my app with Glideā€ and go the no-code/low-code route :wink:

11 Likes

Exactly!! :clap:t3:

1 Like

In case this helps.
Stellar job with the app! This is my go to app template when thereā€™s somebody who says:
But is Nocode powerful enough as code? Or can you really build something which is usable. People are always astounded when they see an app similar to the one they use everyday.
Thanks for the beautiful app @Lisa

2 Likes

Very helpful! Thanks @Manan_Mehta

1 Like

So is the app no longer available?

It is, the old template is in the template store now. The updates are pending approval.

You can see the newest version of the app at the link below. I removed the old link because so many people were testing the app, it exceeded the row limit :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is awesome! Nice work!

Question for ya: how did you do the Follow/Unfollow? Is this using Favorite user-specific boolean column? Iā€™m looking for a way to do it without using Favorite so the anyone can see the Following and Followers of any user in list view.