šŸ†• UPDATED Glidegram - social media app (follow/unfollow, unread messages & more)

That sounds about right. I have the same logic in my Upvote template:

Though I have to say, Lisaā€™s layout is prettier. @Lisa, are your following/followers display inline list tiles?

1 Like

Thank you!

No, I didnā€™t use the favorite/Boolean because it is limited as you said.

It would have been a lot easier to roll up favorites but until then, this is a result of a separate sheet with a relation to the public profile of the follower and a few math columns to count the follow when the user hasnā€™t unfollowed them.

Someone put a thread about rolling up user specific columns but I havenā€™t had time to view it just yet.

2 Likes

Thanks Bob! I used the button bar for the followers/following display

1 Like

Nice. Do the button link to the list of followers/following?

Yep

@Lisa is this updated version available for copy/duplication?

How do you manage viewing your followers? Is it an appending of a join column?

The buttons link to ā€œThis itemā€ screen with an inline list of public profiles, filtered by a join list column of the userā€™s followers/following

1 Like

Not yet, still pending :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Right! Thatā€™s what I was thinkingā€¦so, is unfollowing (and then refollowing) possible then?

Absolutely, I have a formula to account for following and unfollowing

7 Likes

Awesomeā€¦but what about the following?

How do you handle unfollow? Do you delete the relationship row in the UserToUser Sheet? Or do you have a column in that sheet that marks that relationship now invalid eg. ā€œDelete=Trueā€?

Right. I have ā€œunfollowingā€ capabilities on my group chat template BUT itā€™s really just a filter that never allows the user to ā€œrebelongā€ the chat.

1 Like

What do you mean about ā€œthe followingā€? I follow and unfollow in the video and I get removed as a follower. The same would happen with the following count and show me as no longer following the user if I unfollowed them, and add me back if I follow them back.

For the following view:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing. Canā€™t wait to purchase your new template!

Iā€™m stumped on how you track other people who follow you or how you can see other people who follow someone you follow ā€¦unless thereā€™s one row per follower?

3 Likes

This is so genius! Oh! I am amazed. I can`t wait for the template to be ready. Glide team, please hurry!
Thank you so much Lisa, this helps me so much.

2 Likes

I made something similar in my Ritual app, but confess with button bar now it goes to another level :star_struck: :fire:

2 Likes

Well, thinking better I donā€™t know what you did to see followers and following of another userā€¦ thatā€™s tricky! :anguished:

1 Like