Unable to uncheck user-specific column

It does require you to create new physical columns on the Excel side, but for computed columns (like relations, etc.), that checkbox is not there.

I was really excited when the Excel interface was announced and then released, but I have not been able to implement it yet.

I just checked using one of the apps I have tied to Excel. Unfortunately, I have found other shortcomings in the Excel implementation that make it not feasible for me to use. Data that is added in rows and columns sometimes never “makes it” to the Exel side from the builder – either when entered manually in the data editor or when entered from the App (in the builder). I have not even gotten to the point of testing with a published App.

I just added an Exel column, and it came over to the Glide side with all the data…

But earlier I had added data to the columns next to it (from the Glide side), and as you can see, the data just disappeared.

This may be a situation unique to me. I am using Excel 360 on Windows 10. As you work with Excel, see if it works right for you.

I submitted a support ticket months ago, but it has not been resolved. So sometimes I feel like I’m the only Excel adopter. These replies from the experts imply that I may be correct.

2 Likes