Transferring Ownership of a Classic App to a Different Account

Currently have a Legacy Free account with Classic Apps. Looking to move 2 apps from current account to another account, as our team has now split into 2 separate groups.

What is the easiest way to achieve this without paying, or starting over from scratch?

You should be able to create a new free team folder and then move the app into that team folder. However, I’m not sure it will let you if the legacy app was built on Google Sheets.

1 Like

Hi Robert,
The app was built in Google Sheets once upon a time. We’ve had to move our source files internally, as Google Drive is now beginning to be blocked by my company.

So did Robert’s suggestion work for you? There would be trouble once you don’t have access to the account that you used to create that app anymore, since I think that’s the connection Glide uses to communicate with your Google Sheets.

If you’re app was built with Google Sheets as a source, you will need to rebuild it using Glide Tables if you want to keep this app in a team on a Free plan. The new Free plans accept Glide Tables as a data source, the plans Maker, Team and above would allow Google Sheets.

1 Like