Sign-In Workflows --- Decrease Steps and Improve UX

Hello. After getting some feedback from others, I'm reposting this as a feature request.

Why are there two different workflows for signing in a user before they use the Favorites or Comments components? See below for detailed workflow illustrations and specific questions.

If I’m missing something, please let me know. I would like to create some discussion around this issue before I post as a Feature Request to ensure I crowdsource thoughts from other Glide community members. :+1: Thanks, Gannon

1. I would like to understand why we ask for an email when a user Favorites an item, then separately ask for their name when they want to leave a Comment using two separate workflows? NOTE: I do understand we need a user’s name for the comment when posted in the app.

2. If a user wants to leave a Comment before they Favorite an item, they are first sent through the Hello, stranger. workflow for their name and then, after tapping Continue, sent through a second workflow to get their email address. This is confusing and redundant for the end user.

3. Can’t we use a single sign-in workflow to collect all of this user data, then write this data to the App: Comments and App: Logins sheets separately as needed?

4. If we can’t use a single workflow, why isn’t there a way to customize the Hello, stranger. workflow like we can customize the Welcome workflow (greeting and text) under Settings > Sign-In Screen?

5. Notice the difference in Cancel navigation between the two workflows as well. The Favorites header layout is consistent with navigation everywhere else in the app; the Comments workflow is completely different and the “X” actually covers a custom logo on the screen that is bigger than the one shown is these screenshots. NOTE: We had to downsize our previous logo so it wasn’t covered by the X.

My app’s URL: https://app.maricopahealthy.org/

@Natalie_Fruciano

I feel that this is the flow I wanted. Just make it a normal sign in process, probably I never need the name part as well since I have an onboarding flow for new users which will capture their name.

2 Likes

until now, I still didn’t get how to do custom login flow in my apps. If somebody can give explanation, I will be very happy. thanks all.

It’s pretty simple, it’s about making a page visible only to users whose box is not checked, for example “User Confirmed”, in this page you can put the customer’s information to fill in.

And vice versa, all the other pages of the application are only visible if the “Confirmed user” box is checked.

Just like this:

Here’s a video from @Robert_Petitto .