Show PDF file with more then 1 page

Is it possible to upload and show a PDF file with more then 1 page?

Upload, yes. Use a file picker. Display…kind of. Use an “Open link” action to open the PDF in a new tab. If you need the PDF embedded, you’ll need to host the PDF elsewhere and then use a web embed component. The Image component can also display the first page of a PDF.

1 Like

Thank you i will try this.

Yes, you can use a web embed with a url that wraps that url and displays the PDF in a nice viewer. You can host the PDF files anywhere you want, including in Glide. You do not need to host it outside of Glide. I like this option better than the Open Link action option because it keeps you inside of the app and is a pretty good user experience.

You’ll end up with something that looks like this.

2 Likes

Is this PDF using Glide storage?

I’ve done it both ways. I’ve used PDF’s stored in Glide storage as well as PDF’s stored externally. As long as the PDF url is publicly accessible. If you look at the following post, I did it both ways in that test. When wrapping the PDF url, it’s using Google’s viewer in the web embed component, but Google’s viewer can render PDF’s stored anywhere publicly.

I will say this though. It can be a bit finicky at times and not load the PDF every time, but going out and back in usually works.

3 Likes