Sharing favorites list

Has anyone tried to share favorites list, as opposed to sharing a link from the item details tab? E.g., User adds a few item to his/her favorites then clicks the share button to share the entire list?

It depends on what type of output do you want the user to share.

If you just want a list of items in text, then possibly you can use a relation - join list combo and then share the joined list of the signed-in user’s favorite items.

If you want to share a URL that directs the user to an inline list of the sharer’s favorite items, then that won’t work.

If you want to share a more fancy version, let’s say a PDF, you can build on the 1st solution of the relation - join list, pass that to Integromat/Make and generate a PDF through PDFMonkey, then send the resulting file to the recipient via email (for example).

1 Like

If you want to share a URL that directs the user to an inline list of the sharer’s favorite items, then that won’t work.

Something mirroring that list without giving edit access. But I guess this is more of a feature request rather than something I could build without it being overly complicated.

Thanks!

How do you share a url by share button? please put up some example.

Something like this, with the “data” field pointing to the URL column or any custom URL you want to share.

Hi @ThinhDinh
This share button I can use only on detailed screen right.no option of adding it to inline list right?

Can you tell me an example of template to add a item,delete a item and update an item by clicking the button to do these things.

That action can also be tied to an inline list item.

I’m not sure I get what you mean here, but if you mean what actions to do these:

• Add an item: Show form/add row
  • Delete an item: Delete row
  • Update an item: Show edit screen

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.