Set Column Value in Custom Action

I’m not sure if this is a bug or an error on my part, so I thought I’d ask first.

I’m trying to use the Set Column Values action. I’m setting two column values. The first is within the same table and is the first step of the custom action (this one works correctly). The second is in a related table and is the second step of the custom action (this one doesn’t work).

The relation is set up correctly. It’s related using the user’s email address which is set in an earlier step.

The Set Column Values action works correctly if I make it a separate button and run it individually setup the same way.

Is there anything I may have setup incorrectly that would be causing it not to run properly when it’s setup as a multi-step custom action?

Is the destination sheet for the second Set Column Values protected by Row Owners?

No, I’m not using Row Owners. I’m just using Filters.

I should probably switch over to Row Owners for certain things, but none of the data in my app is particularly sensitive.

I believe I solved my problem.

On the initial Set Column Values action step, once I also set the column for the user’s email address, it started working. I was under the impression that it was already set during a previous action, but for some reason it wasn’t working without that.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.