🤑 Sell your apps in the Template Store

Soon good news for you!

1 Like

Soon good news for you.

New payment getaway or Stripe available in Brazil?

Good things are coming your way. That’s all for now. :blush:

2 Likes

Hello. I have some questions.

1. When I share an App with template store, does the connection to the App stays? Are changes maintained automatically?

2. Should I make a dummy copy of my PRO app before publishing it to a template store? How exactly should I go about it?

Thanks

Please share your response for my questions.

1. No, you have to submit updates when you want to change your template.
  2. You should not submit a template with real user data if that’s what you’re asking.
1 Like

@david are you guys investigating / optimizing this at all? those numbers seem very strange and given multiple people have reported this, seems like lots of $$$ being left on the table…

this makes me hesitant to ever listing templates for sale.

1 Like

The cancelled and incomplete purchases are people who visit the checkout page but do not finish. This is pretty standard for people just poking around, and does not concern us much.

We are working on a new billing system that will allow people to buy templates using their existing Glide payment method, without always needing to enter their payment info. That should improve the funnel here.

I don’t know what to tell you about hesitating to sell a template if most people do not purchase it… What Robert shows is actually a reasonably high conversion rate, and it’s free to list your template in our store…

4 Likes

For what it’s worth…my latest numbers:

Status Count
Failed 33
Incomplete/Canceled 129
Paid 69

So ~30% conversion rate.

3 Likes

not bad at all!

1 Like

That’s great.

Going back to the earlier concerns, I have to wonder if the payment process is as prone to bots as most online forms are.

1 Like

Similar conversion stats.

Been active in the Template store since July 19, 2020 (17 days):

Incomplete/Cancelled: 14
Paid: 6

So, 30% and I am pretty happy since I see that templates at $99.99 are selling too.

@Robert_Petitto - your conversion rate is ~35% since a Failed attempt is attributable to the payment method of the user. In most cases, they would try another card, and it would be a successful conversion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I can confirm that an Incomplete transaction becomes Cancelled after 24 hours (or more in some cases).

I tested it out why I was trying to figure out why my templates weren’t selling for 2.5 months (some issue with Stripe which @Eric_Slesinger kindly resolved for me).

2 Likes

Hello!

I am new to submitting templates to stores. Submitted first template a couple days back :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a question. Are templates with Zapier integrations allowed on template store? If yes, how do they work?

For instance, I have a zapier integration that sends an email. Every Glide app has its own key which is used to supply to zapier to build the pipeline. I will give my app a key. Build the pipeline from the app’s end (supply some fields) and then on Zapier’s end, as soon as the trigger from glide occurs, the configured event (send email) will happen.
When I submit this template to store, the individual using it would have to provide this key again using their own Zapier account, which also means that anything configured in that zapier integration would be lost. Is that true, or would glide know what operations are being configured on Zapier’s end using the app authentication key and Glide stores it per app template?

Basically, how does submitting template with zapier integration works?

1 Like

Hi :wave:

Here is what I found for you

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/templates/template-store/creating-and-selling-glide-templates

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/templates/template-store/review-guidelines#templates-should

Quote Templates should not:

• Contain private or personally identifiable information. For example, an Employee Directory template must not contain the real information of actual employees or people—it should contain ‘dummy’ data only

• Contain offensive, profane, obscene, libelous, or otherwise illegal content

• Contain any malicious or deceptive content

• Rely on configuring third-party services or other additional functionality, whether free or paid, outside of Glide (for now, this means Zapier integrations, too). In other words, your app should work immediately after someone copies it, with no additional setup outside of Glide.

3 Likes

Stripe is now available in Brazil! =)

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen it. Thanks @ionamol!

2 Likes

Hello Guys, I am about to submit a template to the Template Store. I would like to know whether I can submit two different versions of same App. I have created similar App but with Two versions like one with very few features (but still useful) and another with higher features.

It would be like “Lite” Version and “Full” version. If I know this, accordingly I will submit a request.

Thanks

Regards,
Pratik

1 Like

Yes, of course! Good idea.

1 Like