Relation not being found

Now that I have a few more users using the app, the all the tickers are found. However, the LCID (my 4th ticker) one still isn’t showing up on my screen. Seems like a problem specific to that symbol?

Haven’t been able to get back to it for a few days, but I had tried a variety of things. I had changed the symbol from LCID to XXXX on 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 of the entries. Nothing seemed to work. I couldn’t really pinpoint that specific symbol being the issue. I don’t think I tried converting other symbols to LCID or XXXX…or deleting all of the LCID lines and converting other lines to LCID. Unless one row is just corrupted in some way. Just really weird.

Think I should report this as a bug? If so, what would be the proper way to describe this issue?

I just made a copy of your app, and I think I found the problem. Just give me a little while to confirm.

1 Like

4 Likes

Yes, confirmed.
You were being bitten by floating point arithmetic. The problem was with your rup/Total Profit column…

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 12.23.15 AM

The fix is to run that through a math column to round the value to 2 decimal places…

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 12.23.31 AM

… and then use that math column everywhere you were using the rollup column (Find All Uses makes that easy)

Result:

5 Likes

Geez, I had suspected that, and I was trying to force the unformatted numbers to show. Guess I did it wrong or looked in the wrong places.

Nice find!

1 Like

hehe, as soon as I saw that he was building relations on numeric values, that triggered the spidey-sense. So it was just a matter of doing a bit of back-tracking :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:exploding_head: wow! Thank you so much! I’ll start implementing this change.

1 Like

Thank you as well for all the time you’ve spent searching through the app. I appreciate it!

1 Like

To be fair…

You were right all along :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re still the one that found it. :wink:

1 Like

So using this method works perfectly if, and it’s a small but significant if, the trade totals are unique. In most cases they are.

However I did notice that if two ticker symbols have the exact same profit total for the month, one of them is eliminated during the unique element array plugin.

Should I be setting this up differently? Thanks!

Or maybe I don’t need a unique filter at all?

Hmm. So if I don’t find unique values, since the lookup profits are the same values, only the first ticker symbol displays, not both tickers…

I didn’t really pay much attention to the methodology, I was just focused on identifying the “bug”.
I’ll find some time today to take a look, and will let you know if I can see a better approach.

1 Like

One thing regarding the fix I gave you the other day. Having a closer look at this now, I can see that the Math column that I suggested isn’t necessary. It’s better to apply the rounding when the profit is first calculated - in your Trades->Profit column. So if you adjust the formula in that column as follows:

Round(((Sell Price - Buy Price)*Quantity)-Fees,2)

Then the later math column isn’t required.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.