Randomizable checklist with multiple sort/filters?

App: https://limping-match-3083.glideapp.io/

First off, I’ll say I’m new to Glide. I’ve been playing around with it for a couple of days trying to figure out how to get it to do what I want, from basic needs to wanted features.
Want I want at its most basic is a list of my board games. Uploaded a sheet, set to sort by name: done. Easy. Add in an image to show if the game’s new: had an issue at first, but I figured out a workaround. However, I’d also like to be able to sort and filter that list by multiple criteria (number of players, category of game), which has gotten a bit convoluted. And then, on top of all that, I’d like to be able to randomize a selection of them.
Now, my app currently can do all that, but not in any streamlined way. I have 4 tabs that I’d like to condense into 1, and the last tab is the randomized result. So, the help I’m looking for:

1. I’d like to condense the app into 2 tabs: Checklist for selections, and Randomized results.

2. How do I make a checklist that also displays an image? (Currently, I’m using “Compact” style for one list with the images, and “Checklist” style for the 3 filterable lists, for making selections.)

3. I see how to in-app sort by multiple criteria, but is it possible to choose a sort criteria which then enables a filter-by-same-criteria? So for example: choose to sort by Category, enabling filtering certain categories out, make checkbox selections, then sort by Players, enabling filtering by number of people, and make additional checkbox selections based on that sort/filter. This part, I’m accomplishing with multiple tabs, but it seems unnecessary.
    3b. Optionally, just multiple filter criteria (Category, # of Players, etc) at once would work, too, but I don’t see a way to do that; only sort.

4. Is it possible on a Checklist-style tab to have an “uncheck all” button? It seems only Details-style tabs can add components like buttons.

5. A randomized list is fairly straightforward (tab 5, currently). I think I’m good with how it is, other than the results list being covered in “reshuffle” buttons, instead of just one somewhere.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like