😍 Quickchart.io: the Cloudinary of Charts —on the fly charts!

GAME CHANGER!

Stumbled upon this site today—a way to create on the fly charts using data from your Glide tables. Images render instantly and you can select one of 14 different charts, customize colors, styles etc all through URL parameters!

The video below shows my first attempt to create a chart from scratch and implement it in Glide. Took me less than 5 minutes.

End result:

Direct Loom link

68 Likes

Amazing

Super cool.

2 Likes

This is incredible! Now we can actually have better dashboard experiences with chart sizing variations.

3 Likes

Incredible.

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto love your post Robert. And your enthusiasm :+1::+1:

4 Likes

This is amazing @Robert_Petitto !!!

1 Like

I love you @Robert_Petitto :heart::joy:

1 Like

Wow, thats stunning :star_struck:

1 Like

That was a fantastic ‘stumble’ thanks for sharing, can’t wait to give it a whirl, as always I sense your true passion for design and functionality

1 Like

Thanks for the kinds words! I’ve wanted to do line charts, radar charts and progress bars of different colors in glide for so long and this will be an easy way to do that! Now just to learn the syntax!!!

8 Likes

Te odio Robert!! :grinning:

Great tip!

2 Likes

We can do this with join component, get more data joining them and put it inside the chart url

You bet. Just used a Join column and the Quickchart “wordcloud” chart and got this!
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.53.41 PM

13 Likes

This blows my mind:

10 Likes

@Robert_Petitto how fast or slow is the chart’s refreshing using the basic plan?

Gracias

Good question. Just discovered this today…let’s test!

2 Likes

This fast:

12 Likes

apparently it also generates QR codes! No scripts or api calls needed!

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 3.09.29 PM

10 Likes

With joined list and template components I did line chart. Great tools!

13 Likes