Quick Q: Can EACH item in an INLINE LIST use the "link to screen" action/

I haven’t been able to figure it out - let me know if it’s possible please!

Yes you can, I have been using it to show dishes in each category. I link it to a relation.

1 Like

That’s great! I want to use an INLINE LIST to create a home MENU. I want to link each of the other tabs to one of those list items. Can you please tell me, where do I initiate the relation? In the tab with the menu items? And how to link relation to an entire tab? Any advice is so much appreciated!

You can follow the instruction here:

1 Like

That’s amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this. Going to try it now!

1 Like

As always, tell me if you have any further problems :smile:

1 Like

Haha okay, you asked! SO, I see now in looking at the app you shared, that what I was missing was the tick box for Independent Screen Config inside the inline list. What I’m having trouble with is how to set up the sheet to NOT ONLY include the categories, but ABOVE them, a main banner image. Since ROWID is required to do the independent screenconfig in the inline list, is there a way to insert the banner image in the sheet without making that image part of the inline list? I tried to do it but having a tough time getting it sorted. So imagine in your app, that above the categories is a banner image with the inline list below it…ideas?

1 Like

You can add an image above an inline list and then simply insert an image by URL:

2 Likes

Ah! That makes so much sense! Being a non-techie AND terrible at spreadsheets, I am really learning on the fly here. Thank you so much for helping me along!

1 Like

Stuck again :slight_smile: - 1 min video because it’s hard to explain in a message!

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/gXZaWTyb4zsD71Gdh8UWaU?

Unfortunately, you’d have to rebuild. Glide doesn’t yet support deep linking (linking to an already built section of your app) when “linking to screen”.

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s actually not that bad because once I add the inline list to those sections, the details screens are still in tact - so I can just hide the tabs. Other thing is that I will have to do the manual method of saving favorites inside the inline lists. To that end, is there a good approach to create a tab that just has your saved items from various lists? Meaning that I would create the ALL/FAVORITES tab at the list level, but it would be nice to have a tab with just tiles of your favorites.

Not really. Best you can do is create a template column and fill it with the word “true”. Then create a relation Column to each of your other tabs that match the word true to the Is Favorite column of each of those tabs. Then create an inline list for each of those relations. The best UI probably would be to use a horizontal scroll of those inline lists (which would be stacked in top of each other). Similar to this:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to try it out!

Another thought is just a tab of several lists all filtered by the isfavorite column.

2 Likes

That’s great. I will do that! Thank you Jeff!

2 Likes