Progress on Push Notifications?

Emails yes, notifications no, not tested. Good idea!

I tested the emails part,… but it’ll send it out in your google accounts name. No changing the from address or name :frowning:
—> So trying to see if a ZAP would work or different API call.

/**
 * Sends non-duplicate emails with data from the current spreadsheet.
 */
function sendEmailComments() {

var SHEETNAME = “”;
var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet().getSheetByName(SHEETNAME)
var startRow = 2; // First row of data to process
var numRows = sheet.getLastRow(); // Number of rows to process
var numColumn = sheet.getLastColumn();

// Fetch the range of
  var dataRange = sheet.getRange(startRow, 1, numRows, numColumn);

// Fetch values for each row in the Range.
  var data = dataRange.getValues();
  for (var i = 0; i < data.length; ++i) {
var row = data[i];
var nameTo = row[2];
var emailAddress = row[3];
var timeSent = row[4];
var message = 'Hi ' + nameTo + ', Tekst';

if (sendDate == "") { // Prevents sending duplicates
        var now = new Date();
        var subject = '[EO Challenge] There is a new comment on ' + topicTitle;

MailApp.sendEmail(emailAddress, subject, message);
        sheet.getRange(startRow + i, 9).setValue(now); //update the sendDate column with date sent

// Make sure the cell is updated right away in case the script is interrupted
        SpreadsheetApp.flush();
}
  }
}
1 Like

Have successfully created apps to send WhatsApp notifications/reminders on status changes or creation of new events or while approaching a deadline. Have incorporated the same in one of my demo app, you can give it a go here. (Create and assign tasks to receive automated notifications)

1 Like

Sounds awesome,… looking into it!

1 Like

Wondering the best way to move fwd,… I have about 70 active users in my app who are commenting (me and a few I know included). Yet I’m not receiving any emails from “the app” as mentioned here.

“All users will receive an email digest”

How do you handle email notifications for users? and what if you need more than 500 that google allows?

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/features/notifications

I think Glide disabled the email digest a long time ago. Not sure about the reasoning behind it.

1 Like

Roger,… I was going of the documentation :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m going to integrate mailchimp with Glide through Scripts,… I’ll post it them when I get it going.

6 Likes

Did the same using mailjet, it works like a charm yes!

1 Like

Have you considered using automation between Google apps (Sheets, Gmail …)?

Google Apps Script might be just what you need to automate email notifications via Gmail triggered by behavior in a Google Sheet (change in a cell value).

1 Like

That’s the “scripts” I was referring too.
But I’m a bit rusty in my coding skills. So I’ve got it to add a user to Mailchimp. Also I’ve been able to add a tag. I’m struggling for some reason with calling an automation end point,…

Just so maybe I can save someone else the trouble. Don’t use MailChimp for Transactional Messages. It’s not possible to send one email (different content) more than once.
In that case either use the paid MailChimp account and use Mandrill.
Or use mailjet like @Christophe_HK said.
Or ty it up to Active Campaign,… to have full marketing automation availability.

While I’m posting this,… since we can use the in app browser,… has anyone tried browsers push on android?

1 Like

This doesnt seem to be working. Is there any setting we need to enable to get push Notifications ?

No settings. The conditions as David outlined need to be in place.

1 Like

Congratulations!!
Dear,
I would like to know if there is news about Push Notifications, I am closing some apps and I would need the notifications.

tks

Hello, Manah Mehta.
Congratulations. Good app.

In your demo app, the Tutorial number “3) Updating assigned task to you” is linking to the wrong file. It´s linking to the number 2.

1 Like

How does this petition not even have 5000 signatures since January? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :tired_face:

I will speak with friends of the groups here in Brazil to reinforce …

1 Like

I’m asking my IG, Facebook, and LinkedIn networks to sign it. I’m not sure how much of a difference these petitions make, but in my view, no petition is better than one that can’t get 5000 signatures in a half a year. :upside_down_face:

Really Deena. I am developing an app for the elections that will take place in November (Campaign starts on October 1st) here in Brazil, I need the notifications because it is the client’s requirement.

1 Like

That’s a very important use case. I can’t imagine a client that doesn’t want notifications for key events/activities in an app. The situation with Apple’s position on this is ridiculous and selfish.

1 Like