Private users Alert should not appear

Hello,

I am sorry if that topic has been already talked before but I didn’t find an acceptable answer.

I got the message at the login : “This app has reached its monthly private user limit. Please upgrade for more.”

Here is my privacy settings :

I have no “role” set for my users.

I have some row owner set on some tables. Is it related ?

What I have understood from the documentation is that it is belong to “role” assign to be a private user.
Is it because, I have changed the privacy during the month ?
(PS : I have remove Cookies many times from Glide apps, in case of …)

I am waiting to resolve this weird behavior before upgrade and “deploy”.

Thank you for your help!

No, that will have no impact on your user count.

That’s the most likely explanation.
What were your previous privacy settings?
Which plan are you on?
Do you remember how many users were in your User Profile table before/after you changed your privacy settings?

HI @Darren_Murphy,

What were your previous privacy settings?

At the beginning, I was on a private privacy settings, when I started to create the app. Then I changed after understood how it works.

Which plan are you on?

I am currently on a freeplan but I will move to starter plan because I don’t need much users and rows. And the it doesn’t affect my business to have also custom domain.

Do you remember how many users were in your User Profile table before/after you changed your privacy settings?

No I don’t. That’s why I asked. I have reach the limit of a private users already.
Then I always test my apps with the same users (6 differents emails that I own). Maybe it is related.
But if my email that trigger the message is consider as a Private users (in the limit 3/3), it should still have access to the app ? And the new emails coming after, it should be consider as a public user no ?

That’s why I want to clarify this behavior before giving access my app to my users.

Thanks a lot for your help @Darren_Murphy

Yes, it should work like that.

You could probably “convert” those 3 existing users to Public Users by deleting them, and then allowing them to sign in again. If you try that, make sure you use the “Delete User Data” option found under Settings → Data:

Doing it that way will ensure that all user data (including any user specific data) is completely erased.

I’m not 100% sure the above will work (I’ve not actually tested it), but I would expect it to work.