Potential security issue: ability to clear users cache needed

Today I experienced a security flaw in one of my personal apps. I accidentally had a tab visible that should not have been visible to a portion of my end-users. I recognized this issue after a few hours of the initial build and immediately adjusted the tab visibility settings.

However, many users are still able to see that tab. I did some more testing, and noticed other issues. For example, I changed the app URL altogether but some users already had the app installed on their device and were able to open it up and sign in.

Is there anyway we could have some functionality for forcing a clear cache? Could something like clearing the app Logins sheets do this?

5 Likes

@Robert_Petitto I had a issue with a pro app which was installed mulitple times on my phone. It didn’t update when changes were made. The “refresh sheet” was set to “only on edit” but I had done many edits - and still - the apps didn’t update.

1 Like

I think related to this, is the issue that users have to sign in not just once but twice, to see all changes that have been made in the app after their last signin. I have no idea why but this has been consistently true when I have been testing. Also concerned about these cache issues since we rely so heavily on conditional visibility and filters and as evidenced by the filter deletion when sorting bug that happened a few days ago, they are not fool proof methods for data security. Publishing control also a big concern for me-strongly prefer ability to force new sign in when pushing so that changes are updated in the user’s app.

2 Likes

@Deena just for info. My pro app was setup up as public

1 Like

Same here. I login twice to see the updates.

2 Likes

@S_C @Deena Hm…I do not like it Sam I Am.

2 Likes