🆕 Please try the new Glide builder

Absolutely :+1:

We are working on improving what happens in the builder when tab visibility changes. Right now, we intentionally do not remove the current tab from view when it becomes invisible so that it does not disappear while you are editing it, but this breaks the feedback loop. We should have a better solution in place by Tuesday.

We will also let you select and edit hidden tabs.

Rest assured that tabs are still removed from view when they become invisible in apps.

12 Likes

Hey, I’m not sure if I’m correct here, but I’m missing the “Allow users to delete items” option.
I’m jus starting with glide and found a video (Adding, editing & deleting - Glide Library) which explains this.
But in my app builder, there appears no option “Allow users to delete items”, when I allow users to edit.
grafik

Thanks in advance!
A.H.

Sorry! Problem solved ! Found it this minute!

I’m still being confused with the “disparition” of the title of some of the components.
Being able to double-clic and name is nice, but when we do so, we don’t know any more what component it is

[Edit] On new components, I have both the type of component + the title entered when double cliqued, but not on others …

1 Like

Definitely an upgrade! Few QoL suggestions:

1. Move “Hidden Tabs” to their own section just like Menu. Ideally at the bottom.
  2. Would love the option to hide (and or resize) the left section, specifically while viewing Tables to make room for more columns on the screen.
  3. It would be nice to have the option to reposition each section. Example in the picture below the current setup is 1-2-3. But I would prefer to have 1-3-2. Or Maybe 2-3-1. Or whatever flows best for me.
4 Likes

Love the right click > delete tabs option, but the “Delete” button is same font as tab title —can we make it stand out a bit?
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 10.45.38 PM

3 Likes

Hi David! Thank you for the next update possible to try!
Let me offer to improve little beat this new Builder by adding the same “Is required?” check-box in the new Layout tab, like it was in the old one.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

As I see in your screen shot you have a Text Entry right in your detailed screen. Nowadays “Required” checkbox is available in Edit, Add option and Form button

I little advice - but perhaps not known for most of you are reading this - is right-click on the component in phone mockup opens its settings on right side. I’ve been using it for a long time, and this is helping me a lot, even in this new layout.

5 Likes

Oh, yes, Lucas, thank you.

David, sorry, seems it works ))

1 Like

Good idea, done

1 Like

The new behavior will be in staging soon. But to give you a preview this is the compromise. Basically if the visibility condition changes such that the currently visible tab would suddenly hide out from under you this will pop up. You can click “Preview anyway” and it will just dismiss the overlay. Clicking hide screen will cause the builder to transfer to the next tab like it would automatically do in the player.

7 Likes

Has anyone tried pressing alt+1 alt+2 or alt+3?

2 Likes

Hi can you please explain this bug to me?

In any particular context?
No alt key on a Mac, but Option+1,2,3 doesn’t appear to do anything.

oh Mac I think is Ctrl + Option 1,2,3

Okay, this is weird. Difficult to describe what happens - it appears to be trying to switch to the previous app I was editing. But whatever, I suspect it isn’t intended behaviour. Would you like a video?

LOL weird, it should just switch between the top navbar options

@Jason

Edit: I’ve continued to play around with this, and no matter what I do and from where, the hotkey combinations always take me back to that same app. Maybe Glide is subtly trying to tell me that I need to do some more work on that app? (which is true :rofl:)

2 Likes