Please Test: New Shopping Cart Template

Hi Gliders,

I’m working on the final touches to a new shopping template. Some of the features include:

• Payment via CashApp or PayPal
  • Open to public for browsing but requires sign-in to shop
  • Product variations
  • Sold Out and On Sale Tags
  • Product Reviews

There’s also store owner features if a user is set as the store owner. I’ll have the link up for a few hours for anyone that has free time and wants to give feedback :slight_smile:

https://hollow-jump-2892.glideapp.io/

10 Likes

Hi Lisa! The app is really clean and simple - love the design! Things work pretty much as expected and I just have 3 points of feedback which might be because this is a template right now and doesn’t have the full items/details.

1. Search on Wishlist tabs doesn’t return items by brand name or item type (sweater/shorts etc) which I would expect so perhaps address that via the item details so search can find them.
  2. No search on Home and although you have categories, if there are many brands, it would be nice to filter by Brand.
  3. I got to the checkout and my item was out of stock so I couldn’t proceed or ask to be notified when instock- I would have liked to see the item marked out of stock when viewing it and not been able to add to cart.

Again, these may be moot issues when the app is full of real data but that’s all I noticed! It’s fantastic!

2 Likes

Thanks Deena for your feedback! I’ll look into how to incorporate the categories/brands into the wishlist search.

Thanks to your note I was able to figure out the snag with the inventory issue

1 Like

@Lisa Great work. Very nice design and shopping cart feature will really help many here.

One question: Since i can’t poceed with payment, what happens after Paypal payment is done. How you are navigating back to app and what do you show to user? I suppose the payment confirmation is manually done. Correct me if i am wrong. If any video of this journey please share.

2 Likes

Thank you for testing this!

You’re correct. Since there isn’t a way to “verify” that the payment was sent automatically, the switch “I confirm payment” is there and indicates that the user agrees that they sent payment.

From there, the store owner will see the new order in their orders dashboard and can verify that they received the money from either PayPal or CashApp.

Would different wording or flow make this easier or more clear as a user? Video below.

4 Likes

I suppose no work around here so we need to live with this confirm switch.

By the way on the payment confirmation side did you explore on the PayPal API’s? Lets say we can send order id when invoking paypal payment and they query the paypal API alongside each pending payment to get the status.

1 Like

I was personally a little confused about one aspect of the checkout.

You have both “Add to Cart” and “Submit” on same screen.

Aren’t they the same thing? Do you need to add first and then submit?

No wait, that’s just a page title, not a button.

In that case I would perhaps remove the title or change it to “Ordering” and change the active button to “Add to Cart”.

I also noticed that selecting Pickup does not remove the Shipping charge from the order.

Shared with CloudApp

1 Like

Hello,

I have tested. (just to know and learn more, considering I have no experience enought to give you valuable feed backs).

The app is realy easy to use and very clean.
I loved the word "delete’ just below the pencil icon. (It was a TEXT component, wasn´t it?)

What about the “View Size Chart” ? Is a Open Web View component or a File?

Congratulations

1 Like

Nice and simple App. Here’s some feedback:

• An item was selected as “favorite” but didn’t show in the wish list.
• Delivery fee line should disappear if selected choice is Pickup
• After making payment, you might want to consider asking customer to enter the paypal.me payment reference number instead of just clicking “I confirm payment”.
• Checkout can be a tab instead of being embedded in the page.
• Allow ability to “check out as guest”
• You might want to consider adding more menu items as such:

3 Likes

Thank you!

And yes, the ‘delete’ was a text component with the footnote style applied.

The size chart is just an image.

1 Like

Great catches! I’m working on fixing that shipping with pickup order now.

I don’t believe I can change the “Submit” text at this time.

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

I’ll have to look into the API!

Thanks for testing! The favorite thing may have been a gldie glitch. I’m previewing now and able to see the wishlist populate.

Can you expand more about the checkout tab? I don’t know what you mean by it “being embedded in the page”.

I meant something like this

3 Likes

Gotcha! I started building the cart as it’s own screen. The issue I ran into is rebuilding it over and over again if I want to direct the user to the cart from different screens throughout the app. Or worse, if I need to make changes to the checkout screen.

For instance, with the great feedback I’ve received so far, I’ve only had to make an update in one place and it updates because the cart is its own row and acts as a detail screen. Big props to @Jeff_Hager for the hack.

I’ll think about adding this if it makes sense and it isn’t a pain to build.

Thanks for the idea!

2 Likes

Thinking out loud in case you want to pursue the idea:

1. Setup a sheet=Cart, that shall host one row (and hence the detail screen) in which in GDE you add a user-specific column
  2. Have another sheet=Cart-Items that hosts the items added/edited and each row in sheet=cart-items is related to that user-specific column RowID in sheet=tab.
    With this also, each row in items-list sheet can be then tagged with order-number (if items is ordered) or wishlist (if added to cart but not deleted nor ordered).

This way, the lowe-frame tab’s visibility is governed by if that cart row is not empty.

Good Luck

1 Like

The app is set up like this already.

The issue isn’t getting the tab to show conditionally, it’s building out the screen and duplicating any changes I make to two or more separate screens.

Maybe users wouldn’t mind one extra click to get to the actual cart, but for me, I find it somewhat annoying and confusing to click on “My Cart” and have to click on one more item to actually view it. It would be great to take the user directly to the detail screen versus the listing.

If you have a different approach in mind on how to display the same detail screen without the extra click I’m all ears!

I really liked it and really made sense. I can’t wait for the tutorials I feel once we understand how to setup something like this a lot of us from different countries will be able to merge our local merchants to it

how does one do this do you have an example trying to build a custom cart failing to find a way to add items to cart(spreedsheet) that will appear in the new window

@Lisa this is so great! Been trying to figure something like this out for a few weeks now. Could you share the sheet template to see the back-end set up for this?

1 Like