Performance improvement request - Loading Apps vs Pages

Performance improvement request - Loading Apps vs Pages

• Apps: 4-8secs to open
  • Pages: 1-2secs to open

We can see this experiment and each time to open here :point_down:t3:

I’ve heard from a lot of customers about this time of opening apps, so it’s something I really see that needs improvement. I hope you guys consider this.

Totally agree

5 Likes

I think should have lazy loading.
and gif loading for first time, now i see a big white screen.

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

User experience says that the big white screen is really boring and gives a sense of unreliability

3 Likes

Absolutely, 100% agree on this. In addition to the long load times, a recent iOS update has caused the white loading screen to be be preceded with 1-2 seconds of black screen as well. Even if we can’t improve the load time right away, can we at least replace the black and white screens with the default accent color of the app along with the app’s icon being displayed so users think something is happening? Studies show load times have a direct correlation to abandonment rates. :pray:

8 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Really it’s a nightmare. I’m using Glide Apps and on mobile phone, it’s a disaster. Sorry for these words, but I lose so many customers because of that.

4 Likes

I feel you

3 Likes

i agree that glide there should be a performance improvement.
Even one member of the WhatsApp group said, “my application takes 5 to 10 seconds, they compare with other applications like YouTube”

I’m worried that if this continues and there are competing applications that perform better, they will abandon the application I created

And of course it is very influential in my business.

1 Like

Had similar issue with my pro apps - had just upgraded to annual pro-plan for the savings as it’s clear I need to continue using the apps, but for some reason the past weeks my users been complaining that the app has slowed down in terms of loading.

1 Like

We’re on the same boat.

So, is it better to find another software or maybe better to change for Glide Pages (maybe it will be the same problem?).

Any thoughts?

Is there a performance difference between the plans?

I’d agree this a clear concern at this point in our decision process.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

3 Likes

++++1

3 Likes

+1
My home screen also takes seconds to load on Safari, on Chrome it seems a bit faster.
Does anyone know wether the loading time is somehow related to the table behind the home screen? e.g. the relations in this table, the number of columns, etc?

Another problem what I also sometimes see during loading: the bottom tab bar which is hidden through css is showing for some seconds. Is there any known solution for this?