Per-user for many peoples

Is it possible to have a per-user tab for many mails in a column (like address1@xxx.com,address2@xxx.com,…) ?

Not in a single cell, but you can set up multiple columns like (Email 1, Email 2, Email 3). This will give you a single column option (Email) that you can use for per user data.

1 Like

OK @Jeff_Hager, thank’s, il will help me.

1 Like

How many columns like (Email 1, Email 2…) can we add ? Is there a limit ?

Yes, there’s a limit. Sheets can only have 18,278 columns. :wink: Not sure if glide would like that, but theoretically it should work.

Hi @Jeff_Hager
Has per-user data colum changed since you wrote this post? I can’t find how to configure it to match a specific user profile column.

What do you mean “match a specific user profile column”?

I think the discussion in this post is about what we now call as row owners.

The question was

and the answer

I wonder if two or three users can see an item marked as “done” or “bought” by any of them and only they can.
In Jeff answer I understood I can configure which user column asociate to a user-specific column.

I think what Jeff was referring to here is a case of creating multiple columns next to each other in the Sheet so Glide generates an array column for you in the editor.

1 Like

Correct. As @ThinhDinh said, this was just for creating an array column to use for filtering rows per signed in user. The array column allows for multiple users to access the same row. Now that we have Row Owners, you can do the same thing without a filter, and with more security.

I think user specific columns will always be specific to a single user only. What was described previously will allow multiple people to own a row and they can all see and edit that row as a group, but a user specific column is still for a single user. If I understand what you are asking, I think you still need to use basic columns without the user specific option. Only the owners of the row will be able to see and edit the row as long a you have the array column and you use row owners or filtering by signed in user.

3 Likes

Hi @Jeff_Hager, do you know if still not possible to have a user-specific column “shared” or visible for multiple users. What I’m trying to achieve is to have multiple users to see the agenda availability of an specific doctor, for example, but at the same time have multiple doctors in the app with their own agenda and the ability to share it with who they would like, not sure if there may be another solution other than user-specific column “shared”.

User specific columns are specific per user…meaning only one user will be able to see whatever they put into that user specific column. Why not have a row for each doctor with non-user specific columns that have the agenda availability. Then you just need to filter your data as needed so certain users will only see the information for a single doctor. Are you trying to put the information for multiple doctors into a single row with user specific columns?

Yes, I have some of user-specific columns in the agenda (Paciente, cita_confirmada, dia_trab… & hora_trab) which are intended to be for the doctors, as of today each doctor can see their own agenda and reservations but the customers are not able to see it so far. !

I think I would approach it differently. First, it’s important to understand glide security (🔐 Security Center - Glide Library) and how to protect user information. Simply hiding data from view on the screen doesn’t necessarily mean that all data isn’t downloaded to any user’s device.

I’m assuming that doctor agenda information doesn’t necessarily have to be secure. The simple solution would be to have a separate table with two email columns. Both columns would be marked as row owner columns. Then a row can be created for each patient where one column has the doctor email and the other column has the patient email. Then you can create a relation column that links the doctor email to that new table, followed by a lookup column that retrieves all patient emails. Then you can filter your doctor list where the doctor email is the signed in user, or the lookup column includes the email from the user profile. This would allow the doctor to see their own record as well as any of the patients to see that same record.

1 Like

That solution sounds great, I’ll test it and share the result, no doubt it’ll work.

Thanks @Jeff_Hager

1 Like