PayPal/Stripe Connect - multiple vendors (direct user to user payments)

Any updates on this? I really need this feature.

@willem no updates I’m aware of on this one, unfortunately. I actually decided to move to yet another platform because of this. My app is pretty much done aside from this feature and there’s not currently a workaround I’m comfortable with. I’d love for that to change but I’m not optimistic at this point.

What platform did you choose?

1 Like

I’m working on duplicating my app with Bubble. The learning curve is steeper but it can do things that I need that Glide can’t or won’t provide. I’m on my third rebuild and really disappointed to not be able to stick with Glide but it’s limited in some of the basic functions I need.

Ah, I understand, yeah Bubble is to steep for me.

It’s tougher for sure but I think building on Glide was a really great ramp up to learning harder platforms. Try it out on the side! I think they can both help inform work done on the other.

Even though I’m moving, I learned a lot and really loved my Glide community experience. I’d love to come back or maybe build something else with Glide in the future but we’ll see. :blush:

1 Like

I first explore Adalo on the side, maybe Bubble after that :wink:

1 Like

I’ve actually been able to build a functional marketplace on Glide. It involves Zapier getting triggered by a new Stripe payment and the zap deciphering data passed into Glide’s buy button. My marketplace is for digital goods so I pass the item’s download link, seller’s email address and buyers email address. The zap then emails the download link to the buyer’s email, calculates a 10% transaction fee, then sends 90% using Veem to the seller’s email. Not quite sure how this would work with physical goods. Also, Veem requires a minimum transaction of $10 in order to work.

2 Likes

I just discovered that stripe’s payment links support stripe connect: Payment Links FAQ : Stripe: Help & Support

As discussed here, stripe’s payment links can only be opened externally yet, so no webview.

with integromat or zapier, stripe can write back to google sheets.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information.
I’ll have look at it.

Regards
Christoph

Hm, this is interesting. I’d like to avoid asking people to create a stripe account but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks so much for sharing :grin:

I talked to Stripe in a video call a couple days ago about this very thing. Asked them to build in support where Stripe Connect Vendors and products could be created via Zapier and to have payment links embeddable in Glide Webview. They get the gist of what the possibilities could be with Glide and said they’ll consider adding such functionality down the road. We’ll see.

5 Likes

thanks for asking stripe to allow payment links in iframes @Robert_Petitto

After playing around a little bit more, I have the impression that the current solution is only for a small number of vendors and products, who/which do not change often, since it involves

• inviting vendors through a link provided by stripe (at least stripe does the onboarding)
  • creating products
  • creating payment links for each product and/or vendor (you can define but not edit the commission individually)
  • (edit:) copying the payment links to glide

manually by the platform/marketplace owner on stripe.

1 Like

Mangopay would be an alternative to stripe connect, but it‘s integration with Glide is probably also not possible yet.

Hello Willem. Do you think your marketplace workaround would work in a services business, like Uber?

I agree, this would be fantastic. Would allowing stripe standard connect with payment links be an option? Say your users sign up onto your stripe connect account, they can upload and sell products and you can take a commission or no fees (charge monthly). Your vendors assume liability for payment/shipment. Or you thinking express?

Hello, I have recently been experiencing the same problem building my marketplace. but have found a solution to this problem by creating your own buy button in glide. if you allow your users to input their own payment link through the onboarding process you can then use that information to create a buy button. by placing a regular button option that opens a browser link to that individual’s payment link. for example, if a user wanted to use a cash app then his or her payment link would be cash.app/$bigman or whatever their cash app tag is so whenever another user click that button cash app will open up with the sellers cash app information.

1 Like

We plan not to do this–marketplaces are not a use case we’re targeting.

1 Like

It is also already super doable with the current setup without the need for additional features from Glide.

While I don’t mean to shill courses on here, because so many are asking about how to set up Stripe Connect:

I set this up in Airtable, but what you can do in Airtable can fully be done in Glide with buttons etc.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.