Vendor Marketplace possible?

Hello everyone!

Is it possible to set up a vendor marketplace with Glide? Vendors should be able to sell their own products. How would you go about this? Setting up the products in stripe?

How would the vendors take their share than? Can you use stripe connect in this instance?

Many thanks!

I think the most straightforward approach is to let them set up their products by adding new rows, as an admin you can approve or disapprove a product (if you want to do so).

Then communicate with them beforehand their share in the market, and they can only receive their share at the end of the month, for example.

You, as the admin, receive all money via Stripe, then distribute them to the vendors.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be an approach. I am building a marketplace with wordpress where vendors get paid directly via stripe connect.

So I was thinking of creating a similar app. Would love to see if it’s possible that vendors get paid directly and you charge a monthly fee for ads etc…

2 Likes

Hi @Alexdz, have been able to solve your marketplace app in Glide?
Working on a marketplace idea too.
Would be interested how you managed the payment issue.

1 Like

Hi @Alexdz and @christoph , any luck with your marketplace goals? I’m also curious how this might be done using Glide.

Thanks @ThinhDinh for the workaround solution for time being.

Also just to clarify, if Glide is taking 2% and Stripe is taking about 3% (2.9 I think?), that’s already 5%? So seems like Glide and Stripe together are really great tools for prototyping an idea, long term wise, 5% is cutting into your margin a lot and not sure how sustainable this is unless you’re making revenue elsewhere via memberships or something and the marketplace is just icing on the cake? Am I missing something?

I haven’t further explored the payment options yet. I do hope that Glide will come up with a competitive solution soon.

Stripe connect and Mongopay both offer all what you need for a market place app, the only connection to your Glide app seems missing so far.

A workaround could be to setup your own gateway nodejs server in between, but I don’t know how much effort that would be.

1 Like