Need help on creating private chat

I think to be able to do that you need to contact Glide’s support team.

1 Like

Ok, Thank you so much @ThinhDinh will be back once I have some spare time for learning

2 Likes

Always welcomed here Moses, looking forward to have you back soon.

2 Likes

@ThinhDinh please see the mess I am in and advice

These “Email 1” and “Email 2” will I create them on my “MessageSheet”
How do I set my “Messages Tab” (Which functions do I need)
Where are all the messages been stored?

I hope my confusion won’t confuse you

Thanks so much for your help

1 Like

you did not use a column value for user 2 name
so that user 1will see user2 name and image and user 2 will see user1 name and image i used a relation andlook up values then an if then else for user 1 to see user2 and user 2 to see user1
based on your messages tab it shouldbe a details screen with an inline list (which is filtered by if chat user[relation]is signed in user
in every item there is a comment section wich topic is your chatid

1 Like

did that help @Kairu

Thank you Glider,

I know I am asking for too much.

I am only getting used to arguments.

I have changed message tab from list to details -What components will I add? Do I need to put any filters under features?

User 2 Name-Is this what you mean, before I go relations

you will add an inline list(you must not change to details but you can change if you want two see two different lists)
and also i used a look up function in glide editor with the chatuser relation

1 Like

This helps a lot. 2 Questions - Would these steps work if I (+ admin team) want to send mass messages to all users where the users could then only reply/message the admin team back (not everyone)? Also, would what I want to do be best the route shown here or use a Zap?

So you want that only admins can start a chat or users can only reply to admins
i do not understand please clarify
Or yo;u want a group chat

use that and add a comments section it will be just like a group chat

1 Like

@ThinhDinh & @Glider Thank you so much for your help thus far!

I have made some progress, sorry for a long video but please check

I currently need to enable users to accept chats, probably through a switch, I have tried, but every time I end up messing my Messages Inline lists

I think of something like 1) Incoming chat requests 2) Outgoing chat requests

Could you help?

for incoming chat requests make a new list filtered by if chatuser2 is signed in user
outgoing requests if chat user1 is signed in user
for accepting messages what i did was in my incoming chat requests i added a checkbox wich if clicked(true) will show cooments

1 Like

Thanks, Glider
Let me try that

Incoming Chat Requests=>A list Showing all=>Switch (True/False) (Visibility-When chataccepted =False)
Outgoing=>List (Visibility-When chataccepted =False)

Is this correct?

oooh so that is what you wanted what i outlined above was how to make two lists shown chats i started and chats someone started with me
No worries for the chat requests outgoing visibility is if accepted is false
the same thing for incoming @Kairu
But leave the Filter

Yes, I have done the grouping
Ok, Thanks

1 Like

I do not want a group chat… 1. I want users to be able to start a conversation/chat that ONLY sends to admin. 2. In the same message tab, I want admin to be able to send messages to all users (and again, users can only reply back to admin… I do not want users to see messages sent by other users if they didnt send it)

The only thing you have to keep in mind for a private chat is that you need to display a detail screen that is filtered by only the users who have access to that detail view and contains a comments component. You can do this a variety of way, but you can either create a array column (Email 1, Email 2, etc.) where one column contains the email of the the user who initiates the chat and the other column contains the email of the admin. You can filter the ‘Email’ array column by signed in user. The other option is to create a row that contains one user email, and set up a single value column with the admin email. You can then do an IF OR condition to filter the records.

First and foremost, make sure you have a row/screen in your app that is only accessible by the admin and the user who created the row. I would also include a RowID or UniqueID in the row so you can assign it to the comments topic. That way the comments are kept separated by topic/ID.

2 Likes

does anyone have a copy of this chat feature?

you mean we should make an app for it and allow copyin