My map is showing some incorrect locations

My app’s URL: https://colley1.glideapp.io

All of the locations in my Paris tab are located in Paris, France, and the addresses follow the same format. I copied all of the addresses from Google Maps. Some of my locations are showing in North America, South America, and Africa. When I click to the detail view some of them are showing even completely different locations on the detail view map and yet a different location when I click the map.

Examples:
Centre Pompidou shows in Africa on the main map. When you click to the detail view the close-up map is showing a location in Richmond, Va. When I click the map, it pops open a Google Maps search for keyword “museum” near me.

Notre Dame de Paris shows somewhere in Brazil on the main map. When you click to the detail view the close-up map shows somewhere in London. When I click the map, I get a Google Maps search for keyword “cathedral” near me.

I tried adding commas between Paris and France and I tried adding the name of the location at the beginning of the address, but neither of those helped.

In going to ask the obvious question first, are you the address column or the place name for the address in the map style view, the map component and the map link?

People have found success using the coordinates of a location instead of an address. Plus coordinates don’t need to be geolocated on the fly, Manning they load faster.

Thank you so much @Jeff_Hager! I don’t know how those ended up mapped to the wrong column, but that was it! :smiley: :blush:

1 Like