"Multiple Button" component

This new component could be very useful in screens where there are many buttons which, now, are necessarily listed vertically one below the other.
The design of this new component should be “segmented” horizontally as in the case of the Choice component. The “Multiple Button” data is not fed from a sheet but manually (for example, as in the case of the Basic Table component).
Obviously each segmented button should have its own specific features (visibility and actions).
This new component would greatly improve the screen layout and save a lot of space.

Thanks for your attention.

A multiple button is on the way, as @david told recently, we have to wait a little!

3 Likes

I think I heard David say that they were looking forward to introducing overall design improvements that would take them from today’s basic stacked layout to something 2 dimensional across the board.

4 Likes

@Lucas_Pires and @Robert_Petitto had a css solution for that with two buttons next to eachother, if that’s what you mean, if I’m not wrong is in the beautiful design app topic

2 Likes

Yes, I also thought of a CSS-based solution, but it doesn’t seem very reliable.
Anyway thanks @PabloMFalero , now I’m going to see what those two have done … :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s true. But go through the topic, there’s a lot of cool stuff in there

1 Like

This is technically already possible with a card or tile inline list using actions.

3 Likes

Thanks @Travis, I know and I often use this method.
But if you have a scenario where you need different actions for each button you can’t use inline list.

You could actually, if you choose to have independent configuration

@PabloMFalero this work only with a single action. I need different actions for each button; for example:
button 1 - link to screen
button 2 - Increment
button 3 - Show form
etc. etc.

Thanks anyway for trying to help me; but I am sure there is no native solution to what I have currently exposed (and perhaps I have misstated).

1 Like

Or by creating a compound action that performs different actions, using IF statements, based on a value on each list item. Not as simple as simply two buttons but it’s definitely possible to have each list item act as a separate button and perform separate actions.

3 Likes

Yes I know. But I am keeping away from compound actions as long as they are not perfectly reliable. I lost a lot of work due to incomprehensible errors in the Compound’s behavior.

1 Like

3 Likes

Thanks @PabloMFalero , but as I said before, i will not use compound action until i deem it reliable. There is something not working well… are you using compound just with a link to screen in your applications?
In my APP I have lost all the components in a screen that was linked inside a compound action.
I am very sorry because I love this compound function, it can solve any need (in theory :slight_smile:).

1 Like

This is what I do as well, but if you make those combo actions they break sometimes, just lose what they are doing.

Same here, last weekend, compound action for 6 separate buttons to 6 separate screens, each of which had 5 to 10 screens within them, all 6 buttons failed. I spent all weekend last weekend fixing them.

Fair enough, I chose two actions at random just for the video, one was link to screen and the other play a sound. And the if logic was with name or the row, so action a and action b. It’s a shame that they fail every now and then, cus its really the native way of doing it. But I’m sure that they will work just fine very soon and you’ll be able to use this method

I think the issue I have had with them stems from link to screen, it loses the screen it links to, which in turn removes that setup and format I built, and in this particular case it was over 50 screens lost. Thankfully I take screenshots of each screen and its component setup because this has happened prior so I just pull up Sketchbook and each layer is a different screen just like they are layers in the app and I just make visible which layer I’m rebuilding.

1 Like

We practically had the exact same experience.

1 Like

A feature that needs to exist is being able to link to screens you’ve already created. Allow us to label and save these screens so link to screens goes where we want it to and not just the same tab with the same screen name that we have to rebuild over and over again.This should be a component we can just drop in or have a drop down for in our actions tab Link to screen- list of previously made screens or create new screen.

4 Likes