Migrating data to Glide Tables and deleting the Google sheet connection

Hello Gliders,

Last week, Glide emailed me and said that need to move the information I have in my template (Restaurant Menu Multilingual) from Google sheets to Glide Tables.

I copied all the information to Glide Tables, but now I want to delete all the connections between the Google sheets and my app, how I can do it?

I add an Image.

Thank you!

Currently, there is no way to remove a Google Sheet reference. The best you can do is go to your App’s data settings and point to a different empty Google Sheet.

There is currently a feature request to convert Sheets to Glide Tables, and that would also preserve your settings to your individual screens and tabs. Vote for it here:

1 Like

So you’ve already manually transferred all the data to glide tables, right? Now you can just create a new draft with no GSheet connection and link existing glide tables to it.

1 Like

@11183 except you lose all your computed columns when linking tables.

1 Like

Of course, sorry, didn’t mention that

1 Like

Seems like the team is looking into the option to completely remove Google Sheets, since it directly relates to their requirement to have exclusively Glide Tables in templates.

3 Likes

Hello all,

Thanks for your responses,

I spoke with Glide’s customer service today.
For now, it is not possible to eliminate the connection between Google Sheets and Glide, but they will soon add this feature, so we will be able to do it.

1 Like

Any update on this, for one of my templates, I just migrated my Google Sheets data to Glide Tables, and reconfigured all of the tabs and screens. But it won’t allow me to delete the Google Sheet references and break the connection in order to Submit to store.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 001708

Have you tried this?

@Jeff_Hager I’m a bit confused, am I supposed to be editing the template itself (which is under the Templates category)?

If so, that setting is not there.

I’ve never been in the situation where I had submitted a template based on Google Sheets and the template needed to be adjusted to being based on Glide Tables (this is now the case).

Within the template, you seem to not be able to remove Google Sheets as the source, even though none of the GS spreadsheets are used. Maybe that is enough for Glide and you can leave it at that.

If it were me and if I wanted to make sure my template were 100% clean, I would rebuild on Glide Tables exclusively and re-submit the template.

I remember: you cannot publish as template which has made from template.
Or I’m wrong?

I believe this is correct. You cannot create a project from an existing template, change it, and then resubmit as a template.

To submit your project as a template, you would have to

• build your project from scratch
  • based on Glide Tables only
  • not use any HTML/CSS
  • not use any 3rd party tools or integrations (APIs, webhooks, Zapier)
  • not use any of the code computed columns (external code, JavaScript, maybe Excel formulas but I am uncertain about this last one)
  • make sure the template would work immediately once adopted
  • and then you could submit your project as a template.

Basically, to be submitted as a template your project needs to have been developed purely and solely within the Glide ecosystem 100% with nocode (Glide builder of course, Glide Tables only).

Any ideas on this @Robert_Petitto ?

It’s been a while since I’ve submitted a template. I’m about to redo one of my templates in Glide Tables. I’ll get back to you!

Ya…that’s a shame. It looks like I’ll need to create the app from scratch?! Only alternative I can see is to create it in the main team folder, then transfer it back to My Templates:
CleanShot 2022-08-19 at 22.12.39@2x

1 Like

Shame, maybe @Nuthinking can help?