Maximum columns reached?

Is there a maximum column in the spreadsheet you can use? I am asking because my data table is not updating anymore new columns I am entering…

Actually I am seeing that the sheet is not synchronized on the Google site. Has anyone experienced that? https://prnt.sc/ttjotc

Have you tried manually syncing? I read online- “Maximum number of columns of 18,278 columns”

Yes, I hit sync many times. This sync icon in Google Spreadsheet means “waiting to synchronize your edits”. And it doesn’t want to disappear… I don’t know what I can do…

It says that apparently I am offline. But I am not and other spreadsheets work as expected. Now I am reading that one should make the file smaller. Is it possible that there is too many calculations etc so the error shows?

Ok, I just made a copy of the spreadsheet and there it works… uff… Hope I don’t have to redo the app…

Ok, so if anyone runs into the same problem: I “fixed” this by logging in in a incognito window. Maybe some extension issue, not sure…

probably same issue i had. basically if i had done many changes and google sheets does not save, e.g. no internet, it will be like this…when internet came back on, it is always trying to synchronize.
happened a few times and I had to re-do the APP.
now every time i make changes, i always keep an eye on google sheets to make sure it saves.

thanks for sharing!! this sucks, but I guess you learn this way for the future…

yeah…i am a new user and it happened three times…but it is a learning curve.

oh wow, three times is a lot. well, from now on one eye will always observe the icon as well :slight_smile:

Just wanted to give you a heads up, I did it in the incognito mode and went back to normal mdoe to check. There it asked me to delete last changes by clicking on a link and now it’s synchronizing again. I actually didn’t lose any data either. Don’t know what’s happening, but you could try this if it happens to you again…

1 Like

cool…thanks